and the oscar goes too....

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by apple, Jan 23, 2007.

1. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok, the oscar nominations are out today.

anyone care to discuss ..

http://www.oscar.com/nominees/?pn=list

i myself am happy to see little miss sunshine get so many nominations esp best picture.

however, i'd like to see the departed win best picture, and i would finally like to see leo win best actor, but i think its along shoti think it will be tough esp with peter o'toole in the running. i must go see that movie.

i'd also like to say that even though ive not seen it. i am shocked at will smiths nomination. :-|

i think i'll have to rent a whack of movies to get caught up on some of thse or start going to the theatre more

i also think helen mirren hs the best actress award.

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Was anyone surprised that "Dream Girls" didn't get a nomination for Best Picture??

I watched the nominations announced on GMA this morning and the hosts of that show (including their film critic) seemed to be a bit surprised.

3. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    to be honest im not. but i thnk that alot of people held out alot of hope for it.

ive not seen it yet. but i plan too shortly. it doesnt seem to me that it would be oscar worthy...just a hunch :?

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks kind of how I feel about it.

I think it's definitely an audiance favorite but the Oscars aren't about what's the most popular film.

I'd love to see Leo get the win too. I did see Will Smith's movie. It was a good movie (not great) and he was quite good in it but I certainly didn't think his performance was Oscar worthy.

Forrest Whittiker's performance, howver, was and I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he won.

5. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i havent seen that movie. but from what i gather. it is.

i am not a will smith fan at all and have never seen a movie that i liked tha the was in, i cant see him being "that good"

and i agree that its not about popularity. its about what was good.

i think forest whittaker will win as much as i'd like to see it go to leo finally...but rumour has it he did something to piss off the academy a few years ago. and unfortunately, as much as this is about talent, they are abotu politcs and i think it might be a while before he sees an oscar

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think it's more about politics than it is about being good.

Didn't Leo snub them or something by not showing up or declining an invitation to present? I kind of remember hearing something about that.

I think Clinnt Eastwood has a good shot at a double Oscar. "Letters From Iwo Jima" was very moving and I think there's a good chance that he may win for Best Picture and Best Dirctor.

Have you seen Babel?

7. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no ive not seen babel yet either. :cry:
    i have no one to go to movies with anymore really so its hard too get there.

to be honest. i think this year is martin scorsese's year. i think he will win for the departed. hes not won yet. and i just think he'll get it

i cant remember what it was that leo did to get blacklisted. but i know sean penn did something too and he was blacklisted for years...

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you see the Departed??

I think Scorcese should win for that...a very good movie.

9. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes, i saw the departed. i thougth it was fab. im happy to see mark wahlberg nominated for that. i honestly believe he should have had an oscar for boogie nights. he is very talented in my opinion

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think he's extremely talented.

I can't think of a movie that he's been in recently that I haven't liked or that he didn't do well in.

Did you see him in that movie about the Philadelphia Eagles?? he played a footballpayer. I can't for the life of me think of the name of that movie.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice