And the circus is starting again...

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by jenleib, Dec 27, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The fine is big. And it increases for every hour that said pax is on Mexican soil without permission.

I want to say that the fine starts at $2000 USD but I'm not 100% sure on that, will try to verify that and report back. And the increasing each hour part can really run up the fines.

This is why airlines will bump people off flights in order to get a rejected pax on the next possible flight, it becomes top priority to get that pax out of here. It's also a big deal when a pax is rejected and but the next flight out isn't until the next day...that's makes for a big fine.

2. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WoW! Thats seems really absurd I was thinking maybe a few hundred dollars. As if it really costs so much to have someone in the airport for a few hours....

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh it's a big fine (am going to ask the person who does Multas for the amts when I can). And that rejected pax has to be kept in a certain area, is not allowed in much of the airport, and the airline rep has to stay with the person full time. It's actually a huge deal and everyone is on edge until that pax gets on the plane and the door is sealed.

And then sometimes the pax acts up and doesn't want to get on the plane. That's fun. And if the pax acts up then the captain might not allow the pax on the plane, so that's even worse...then the airline is running up a bigger bill because it's own captain won't allow the person on the plane.

Clearly the big fines are meant to force the airline to act fast, and it works.

I just found out that INM does not always impose a fine for fake passports, just sometimes. And the fines for different pax problems are different amounts. But all of them are large enough to make the airline act fast, which is the point.

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well.. at least now I know how to get back at the airline when they dont give me my peanuts :icon_razz:

5. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just want to know what said bomber, (with explosives in his underwear) is going to do with the 40 virgins he's supposed to get when he reaches the afterlife?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice