"An Inconvenient Truth"

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by gjp, Apr 21, 2007.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really hate to be a party pooper on this issue, but I am the President of the International Women's Club. We are A-POLITICAL women from around the world that live in Cancun and speak English. We are promoting "An Inconvenient Truth" as a Fund-raiser. We are not on one side or the other. The success of Cancun depends greatly on the ecological conditions that exist here. Anybody that lives here for a number of years can see how many buildings we have and how much green we have lost. It is a matter of concern....whether you agree with the statements or not, 1 or 2 changes in your life times millions of people can make a small change. The damage has been done...this is just a method to bring the topic out to the public and have an open forum as to how to slow down the destruction! I appreciate everyone's opinions but PLEASE, start a new thread about Al Gore! We don' want to scare away prospective viewers because they are afraid to walk into a political hotbed!
    We hope everyone comes out to see this movie and support the IWC. We are supporting the Elderly at the Ciudad de la Alegria this year. We hope that this event teaches everyone something and provides a nice night out, under the stars at MY PLACE!

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I will split off the posts associated with media bias and politics to the Free For All in a minute. I will post the link to it here soon after for those who are interested. Otherwise, yes, this thread should really remain about the fund-raising effort.

Split thread: http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice