"An Inconvenient Truth"

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by gjp, Apr 21, 2007.

1. gjp

gjp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The IWC (International Women's Club) of Cancun will be hosting a showing of "An Inconvenient Truth" on Thursday, April 26, 7:30pm, at My Place Restaurant and Bar in the hotel zone. Price is $100 pesos for adults and $50 pesos for children. All proceeds benefit the IWC and their charitable commitments.

This award-winning documentary is definitely worth watching, and the IWC is definitely worth supporting. Let me know if you have any questions.

~ Joyce

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Joyce - All of the official IWC promotion of this event has it starting at 8 pm! We need to get on the same page with the time.

I can't wait to see this movie. And the IWC does great things with the money it raises so TJ you can just zip it and encourage everyone to come see this movie.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Zip it huh. No thanks. I think I will take today's mail and go the bank. See ya soon.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh kind sir do forgive me...

5. gjp

gjp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kim - Nancy told me 7:30 with the show starting at 8pm so in the interest of everyone being at least remotely near the building by startup...

I'm just the messenger, so there ya go.

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Carrie - But we cannot lose sight of the WIC fund raiser and how important that aspect of this event is. The WIC does great work in the community and several of its members are active participants on this forum.

I will support the fund raising but I wish a different show was playing. And Joe and Janet from MY PLACE are generous to host the fund raiser.

Maybe a Brad Pitt or George Clooney flick next time to draw the ladies and Eva Longoria or Salma Hayek for the guys.

7. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why, TJ? You don't want girls and guys enjoying together? I didn't know that discrimination side of you :wink:

I am back and will go there with pleasure. First I like very much Janet and Joe, I will be pleased to meet all the members of the IWC even if I am not an active person at the moment, and the members of this board who will agree to go. And I will make my own opinion about the movie... :D

see you soon.

8. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK T.J....I give up...never heard of this movie or its topic....care to enlighten me???

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For more info see IMDB's listing:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497116/

"A documentary on Al Gore's campaign to make the issue of global warming a recognized problem worldwide."

"Won 2 Oscars. Another 16 wins & 4 nominations"

10. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amen.

I'm going to watch cartoons now....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice