American TV

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by gene37412, Mar 13, 2007.

1. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what service seems to work best for the price to get American TV in Cancun and about what will it cost...

Thanks....Gene

2. Deana

Deana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gene,
    I've sent you a PM.

Deana

3. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you mean all channels, or are there one or two particular channels you watch that you would be hapy with?

4. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just the major channel would be fine.....no HBO or any stuff like that

5. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea where can you get the networks ABC, NBC, CBS?

6. Kris in Cancun

Kris in Cancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to Cablemas a couple of days ago, with the understanding that they have an "American Package" that has ABC, NBC, CBS. I know people who have this package--but was told that at the Cablemas store they don't offer it.

I know they do. I told them I would come back in a few days...hmmm...

7. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  8. Kris in Cancun

Kris in Cancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Michael...was that a recent post on the Cablemas in Cozumel, or from 2005?

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What happened is, I believe the original International Package had NBC, ABC and CBS or whatever alphabet letters you want. I just know that they had a lot of the programs I like to watch. When they changed the "boxes" to digital, those channels magically disappeared. I told them I did not want to change my box because I didn't want to lose my channels and they said I had to. They tried to sell it by telling me I got all these bonus music channels which I didn't care so much for.

A friend of mine got lucky when the cablemas guy was there programming the channels and low and behold, he happened to come across those channels we all want. She said, um excuse me, I want those, those are what I paid for, so give them to me. And he did. As a result I called and bitched them out and said I knew they were there, thats what I contracted for and thats what I wanted. I think I even went to the offices because you know, you can't handle anything over the phone here. I ended up getting them and passed the word on to friends. They also called and were given them the channels, but not without moans and groans.

I still have those channels, but I bet if they changed the boxes again, or if I moved, all hell would break loose.

Currently, I have channels 284, 285 and 286 and mostly, these are the channels in question.

10. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Not really recent. 2005, but still interesting reading :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice