Alright people.. could do with a bit of advice!!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by seasider23, Jan 3, 2008.

1. seasider23

seasider23 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alright everyone!

6 or so lads coming over from england in march sometime.

Thing is we have all done all round europe, ibiza, magaluf, malia etc but none of us have ever been to mexico before.

Could do with a hand with choosing what hotel to book into.

We want somewhere that is definitely going to be lively but also is a nice hotel with decent food.

All advice is appreciated.

Roll on March!!!

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If you are looking for the number 1 party hotel, then look no further than the Oasis CAncun to stay! NON stop 24/7 party!! Other places that are nice, but less spring breakers are the RIU, Krystal, Salvia, Solymar, Dos Playas

3. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the boards!!!

4. seasider23

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers people!

I know its hard to estimate for different people but what kind of money would you recommend we would need for 14 days over there?

I duno if this will help but we took on average £1200 to ibiza this year each for 10 days. But ibiza is expensive.

Are bars / clubs expensive in mexico?

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    That's $240 per day. I'd guess if you brought half of that you'd end up taking some home with you.

Club entrance here (including all you can drink for 4 or 5 hrs) will run you max $50 during Spring break. Add some for a taxi home, tips and late night eats then budget for $70 per night out per person. Always carry an extra $20 for police bribes :)

If you're All Inclusive then you'll probably not spend much other than clubbing it, if you're eating out or buying in from the supermarkets then there's extra costs obviously. Also you ought to try and do a couple of trips at least.

Welcome to the board!

6. seasider23

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats great mate.

Thanks again for all the help.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah the all inclusive route does save you some money for sure..

8. d2k

d2k Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i spent bout £800 in 2 weeks last year mate. You wont need nowhere near as much as u do in ibiza

9. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Oasis is pretty hard to book from the UK, theres plenty of good hotels from what i remember/saw the Riu is lovely and central....

I always take about £1000 for 2 weeks i came back with some in 07 came back broke in 06 lol

So for me £1000 is spot on!

10. Tips The Cancun Legend

Tips The Cancun Legend Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stayed in the Oasis Playa hotel last year. A nice hotel but the problem is they don't allow spring breakers. We had alot of elderly people from France in Our Hotel. Some guys from Canada came to our hotel and raised the decibells a little and they all had a fit. Because I stayed in the Oasis Playa I was able to get a free pass each day to go to Oasis Cancun and Oasis Palm Beach. For me Oasis Cancun was really good when MTVU was on the beach but when they left it didn't seem as lively. I actually preferred the Palm Beach, although it is further away and when you are leaving clubs at around 6am you do not want to be sitting on a bus for long.

It is hard to get a package deal on Oasis Cancun from England but I did see you can book Palm Beach Via Thomas Cook.

I searched alot of Spring Break websites and Grand Caribe Real featured on most plus it is a fairly big hotel (not as bis as Oasis Cancun). It is closer to the clubs and the rooms look nice and it seems a lively hotel and is All Inclusive. There are mixed reviews but that was also the Case with Oasis Playa and I was happy with that. (other then the no spring breaker policy).

Grand Caribe is a bit more expensive as it is a Mexican "5 star". I will be there from March 11 for 2 weeks. My advice to you would be to get in the Oasis Chain for your first time, so you are in the heart of the action.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice