Alpha rooms,transfer info

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by RoynSandy, Aug 18, 2008.

1. RoynSandy

RoynSandy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Has anyone recently visited Cancun and booked thru Alpha.We cannot seem to get information from them as far as who they are using for airport transfer when we arrive in Oct. .We booked thru Alpha in April and they used Hotel Beds at that time,we had issues with them(hotel beds,Alpha was great) and want to avoid using them again.Thanks for any help.

2. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We went over the 4th of July. We used Alpharooms for the hotel and airport transfer. We confirmed the hotel reservations with TTR a few weeks in advanceā€¦no problems.

When our flight arrived about 10:00pm, nobody had ever heard of the Alpharooms transfers. No one there to meet us. We were on our own. We shelled out $50 for a cab to TTR.

On the return trip, the front desk got Alpharooms on the phone to confirm our return ride. Apharooms pretended to not know who we were or what we were talking about. I had my confirmation in hand. Although I never lost my temper, they hung-up on me. Shelled out more $$ for a cab.

I will never use the Alpharooms transfer again. They left us high and dry both times. I feel scammed.
    Marsh

3. Lala052206

Lala052206 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know Temptation Resort 1-800 number? I need to call to confirm my reservation for next week....can't wait! =)

Thanks!

4. RoynSandy

RoynSandy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Transfers

We have had no problems with the room bookings from Alpha,everything with TTR was as promised,just the transfer part.They arrange the transportation for pick up with the transfer company.On our last trip in April it took about an hour for Hotel Beds to find us on their list,then when we were supposed to leave at 5 am they never showed up and we had to call a cab.In this case the problem was with Hotel Beds,not Alpha rooms.We cannot get a response from Alpha about who they are using for transporation now.

5. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Re: Transfers

Hi Guys,
    I had friends that booked through Alpha Rooms in April , but then they booked the Transfers with Best Day. I also used Best Day in April and it was dirt cheap and had no problems with the transfers and confirmations either way. I know its a pain sharing a van with other people. But comparitively speaking its saves you like 40 bucks and only takes about 20 minutes more then private transfers ( 1 cerveza at the sexy pool) ha ha ......Just an idea, it worked well for me and my friends, figured I would share my exp. Either way , Have a great trip. Save some drinks for us
    Jim

6. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Since we paid our money to Alpharooms, I think that THEY should take care of the problem...instead they hang-up on me-not cool. Alpharoom needs to either fix the transfer problem or quit offering it.
    Marsh

7. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1

Absolutely, Hanging up on you is definately not the professional response you want after you just spent that much money with them. We had heard some other issues with them as far as the transfer goes ( not the room booking) So we opted not to take the transfers with alpha rooms and booked through Best Day.

8. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked through Alpha rooms in may but still used Brandt for the transfer because they were great in October 07 and we are again using Brandt for the trip again in a couple of months. I couldn't book through alpha rooms for the room itself because Temptation was not an option for the dates we wanted to go.

Brandt is worth the extra money IMHO

9. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well now I am mad... I decided to look up and see if the room was available on alpharooms now and it is for $454 less than what I booked directly hotel for!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Guys, I said it before earlier in the year but will say again.

While you will get a great price with Alpharooms for the hotel, I would not book transfers with them.

Any transfer that alpharooms provide will be subcontracted to a local company and with that there is always a degree of control lost. You are far better dealing direct with a local company in Cancun such as Brant for private or Best day for shared transfers.

I am surprised those who have had bad transfer service are not getting any support from Alpharooms. We had an issue with alpharooms in May (we booked a hotel in Paris, paid online then the snotty French front desk clerk insisted on us paying again on departure as a "security deposit which wouldnt be charged to my card unless there was damage to the room" .... obviously a rip off but what can you do when your flight leaves in 2 hours)

Alpha were very good at investigating the incident and refunded the money even though it was not their fault. I would keep plugging away, at the very least if they get enough complaints they might change transfer company.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice