Alone to Cancun - Feel guilty or not?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by chichick, Feb 8, 2006.

?

would you go to Cancun alone/let your SO go alone

1. YES! We trust each other

100.0%
  2. NO WAY! Do you have to ask??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It depends how serious we are

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'd go (but wouldn't want my mate to go)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. swaptrex

swaptrex Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    depends...

2. chichick

chichick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    davissumer, sounds like you had a good time – nice to know!
    I’m not worried about the attention (well, maybe just about too much of it :)

The staff at the GCPS is professional and soo friendly, and I’m too chicken to venture outside the resort by myself anyway (except the club trips at night where everyone is going).

3. Pleasemefrst

Pleasemefrst Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Been married 14 years here....went last year for 8 days without him...goin again in April for five days...once again without him!!!! Can't wait to get there...and I will enjoy every second of every day!!! At least I know the kids are with a good babysitter!!!!! But after a few drinks...will I care?? LOL

4. Denise

Denise Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go! Even though the Chicago avg. temps, were 36 Fah. for a month, and mild. You will get treated very well at the resort. They are all so wonderful at the GCPS. You're lucky you are going, and you will have freedom! Take a little time away from the resort. Don't be scared, it will be fun. And take the bike ride one morning, with the entertainment staff. It's fun! You go all the way north, to the bend in the 7. It's a great ride. Lots of curbs to go up and down, and narrow sidewalks, with people, and so much fun, to see the hotels and scenery.

I might go down there alone, for a week. I'm thinking about it now. And my husband will let me.

:)

5. jtslav

jtslav Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    damn and i thought it was my lucky day

6. cancunbound2005

cancunbound2005 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I say go and have a great time.

7. chichick

chichick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Denise, I agree 100%.

I have no doubt the GCPS staff will treat me at least just as adoringly as they did when I stayed there with my boyfriend. It was almost spooky in the beginning. They really are amazing and GCPS is probably the only place where I'd feel 100% safe staying by myself.

My first ever vacation alone! Not counting the 5 day stay in San Francisco a while back on company business.

So… are you DeniseIndiana from TA, one of the most recent GCPS converts?... I can’t blame ya :lol: We were iffy, too, going there for the first time, but what can I say – it’s a gem. Worth going even with a damaged beach. Thanks for the bike tour tip, btw.

I think you should go to, chica. You probably have a preferred source, but I found best SINGLE rates for GCPS at funjet.com and sunfiner.com. I also booked a flight through funjet – first time flying charter (hope they’re on schedule and all that).

8. Denise

Denise Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep I love that hotel! They are awesome! Elpidio is the Shangri La manager, and he is soooooooo nice. And Chris serves drinks around the pool. Very, very nice young lady. We talked to them, on both of our trips, and got to know a little bit about their families. Elpidio has 5 kids. And Chris has a baby boy. We tipped them generously, as well. I know that Elpidio likes men's Obssession cologne. Chris, I gave her a goodie bag loaded with nice stuff. They work so hard there, to make us comfortable. And even when you're not thinking of something, the hotel workers come up with something to surprise you, and make your stay a lifetime memory. I love that place!

I like Cancun Care much better!!!!!!! Steve owns this site and lives in Cancun with his wife Jannet. If you think of it, maybe you want to meet them, and LisaCancun from Dady O.

ChiChick, I'm really a chi chick too. I was transplanted from the Windy City a few years ago.

9. Kathy in Wy

Kathy in Wy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey ChiChick,

Hubby & I will be at GCPS the 26th also, been to Cancun many times but never stayed at this resort. We were set to go the end of Jan but had to re-schedule due to a death in the family. (Trip Insurance is a good thing.) Hope to see you there, Scott & I will buy the first round! :daveandmo:

10. peg6897

peg6897 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is my second year in a row I'll be going by myself. He's okay with it, although I didn't give him much of a choice. He just wouldn't enjoy himself, he's not a social person and I am. So, soak up the sun, meet some fun people, and have a great time!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice