Ally's TRIP REPORT

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by rockrgrrrl, Mar 30, 2009.

1. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Saturday 3/21 - Got up way too early for a flight to Newark. Met a cute Mexican girl studying in Chicago who was going to Playa to vacation with her mom. Wanted to hang out with her in Cancun, but found out she was staying in Playa. Then, Alfredo and I met MY mom in the airport there during our layover and had lunch. Then, off to Cancun!! Bought a bottle of X-Rated vodka at the duty free and had some drinks on the plane. Then, did some free welcome shots of Bailey's in the airport in Cancun!
    Check-in at the Westin wasn't a problem. We took a shower, checked out our ocean view from the balcony, and then had dinner at Rainforest Cafe. I got a little nervous because it was already 8 when we walked across the street to Slices, and I was afraid everyone may have left.. As I got into Slices, Matt called me, and I was right behind him. I met Gemma, Claire, Brian, Eamon, Pat, guy in red shirt. I also met Steve, but didn't know it yet..
    Matt was tanked and had us all buy wristbands for Dady Rock. We went to their "white" party, but weren't wearing white. Gemma wrote on Matt's face with her marker every time that Matt leaned in to talk to her. I wanted to dance on the pole, so I asked Claire to go up with me. I have no rhythm and dance like a white girl, so it was pretty embarrassing. Claire was really good! And I couldn't climb the pole, so I got off stage. Oh yeah, and upskirt pictures of Claire were taken with Brian's camera. Someone said they had some of me, but then I looked on the camera, and there were only pictures of my skirt. Oh well. Haha. Gemma and Claire were really fun! I love the "I *heart* BRAD" wristband. LOL
    So then, I got tipsy and wanted to introduce myself to people. I told my boyfriend that I thought the guy standing next to me was Steve. But I didn't want to look like an asshole by not knowing it was him, so I tried to get Alfredo to ask Steve where he was staying, because if he said he lived in Cancun, I'd know it's him. Only problem was, Alfredo was wasted and didn't ask Steve. So I just asked him if he was Steve and he said yes. And I told him who I was and I screamed "OMG!!!" and I hugged him. Then I threw confetti at him all night and we took a picture together. Steve is AMAZING.
    I drank a lot, but apparently Alfredo did about 15 tequila shots and downed some beers. Next time I looked over, he was passed out on the table. Brian kept shaking him but he wouldn't open his eyes. I decided it was time to call it a night and said goodbye to everyone. :(
    All I had was fairly large bills, not suitable for the bus, so I had the great idea to walk back to the Westin, which is across from La Isla at KM 12.5
    First, I stopped at the OXXO, and Alfredo waited outside with his head down on the picnic bench. I took his wallet so someone else couldn't. I got some rice pudding, and I was so concerned about Alfredo being outside passed out that I didn't notice that the OXXO guy shortchanged me $15.
    Luckily, a nice guy from Wisconsin in line behind me did and I got my money back. The guy was headed in our direction, so we walked home with him. Alfredo never formally met the guy OR opened his eyes OR remembered him. The only thing he did say was "Where's Matt? Where's Matt? We need to find him." So, I talked to this guy the whole way back to his resort, and I think that walking most of the way back with this muscular black guy may have saved me from being hassled (at the least).
    Alfredo wasn't walking straight, so I kept hitting him on the back and telling him that he could get arrested and that they will beat him and rob him first before they take him to jail. In the end, the scare tactics worked, and we made it back to the resort safe and in one piece. Oh, and we made sure we had money for the bus in our pockets from that night on.

2. rockrgrrrl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sunday 3/22 - Went to the Westin breakfast buffet in the morning. It was delicious! They had tons of fresh juices, which was great for our hangovers the next morning. Omelette station, fresh fruit, a zillion different kids of cheeses, flaky croissants, fruit compotes. It was delicious, but about $17 per person. Yikes!
    I tanned by the beach while Alfredo laid on a pool chair next to me under an umbrella, attempting to sleep off his hangover. They played some really cool music outside - Portishead, Garbage, Britney Spears, an interesting mix, but the music was actually pretty chill. He wanted steak for dinner, and we contemplated going to Cambalache or Rio, but we ended up going down to the Westin market, buying some Angus beef filets, vegetables, rice, and soy sauce, and we made stir fry in our kitchen. The prices were kind of expensive, but hey, it was premium beef. We really should have gone to Walmart though, but Alfredo didn't want to go downtown cuz we could get lost. We set the smoke detector off because we forgot to turn the fan on above the stove. Some hotel worker knocked on our door with a fire extinguisher and we had to show him that it was just from cooking.
    This is also the day where I found an excellent new soda - Lift Manzana! For some reason, I was really sleepy and we didn't go out. We stayed in, cuddled, and watched 'W' on a DVD-R

Monday 3/23 - Had breakfast at Jugo de Limon in La Isla. They have a 99 peso breakfast menu. I had eggs benedict, orange juice, a fruit plate, and some toast - all for 99 pesos. We watched the dolphins in the aquarium. We decided to go to Temptations later on for a day pass - $65. There was some pretty good music and it was definitely a party - not a laidback pool like ours at the Westin.
    We met a girl from Utah who was vacationing with her mom. She told me she had gone topless the day before. I had a few margaritas at this point, and I told her I had wanted to but I was nervous about it. She said that it's not as big of a deal as you think it is. So I said I'd do it if she did. Alfredo, her, and I went out on the beach and relaxed on beach chairs. Her and I took our tops off and tanned. I got a few pictures like that just to prove that I did it, because I couldn't believe I had it in me to do something like that. Then, her mom came and we all talked to her for awhile.
    Later, we went to one of the bars and had a few more drinks, and then the girl went back to her room to look for her mom. Alfredo and I had dinner at the buffet, which was delicious, and then had to leave because it was 6:30 and the day pass had ended. I didn't get to go in the hot tubs!
    We went to Coco Bongo that night. I thought it was alright, but it was way too crowded. People kept stepping on my feet. Some bitch purposely dumped her water bottle onto the lower levels. I was getting annoyed actually. The shows were good, and I enjoyed the confetti, balloons, and stuff like that.
    Alfredo and I ran into Eamonn and his friend!! We went over to their aea and hung out, so the night got better. Then, some guy who was hitting on his friend was starting trouble with him, so we got security to kick his ass out. Then, the guy kept annoying us outside while we were having a cigarette break (well, I just went out for conversation). I was so hungry! Alfredo and I left around 3:30 am. I bought a pizza and we ate it all on the bus on the way home.

3. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought Westin was all the way at the bottom.

Did you get the cute Mexican girl's contact info so you can hang out in Chicago and introduce her to me?

4. rockrgrrrl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Westin Regina is a hotel and is all the way at the bottom. That's where we stayed last year. The Westin Lagunamar is new, where the Sheraton used to be. It's the hotel with the pink and purple window things - I kept calling it the Barbie hotel. It's a resort with better amenities than the Regina - a full kitchen, jacuzzi tub, better restaurants, water slide, etc.

She is supposed to add me on Facebook. I gave her my name.

5. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hopefully she knows how to spell your name correctly.

Nice countdown by the way. I feel soooo special. :oops:

6. rockrgrrrl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I saved it in her phone. I hope she remembers. :)

7. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey i didnt realise it was your first night!! Or perhaps you told me and i forgot :( alredo seemed to be ok one minute and passed out the next. Well done for braving topless!!!!

8. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's funny. TRS plays their A Game for SB. They're getting better reviews in the SB forum than in the TRS dedicated forum :D

9. starydust

starydust Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

10. rockrgrrrl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I know! Next time I looked over, he was passed out on the table. Everyone was shaking him and he wouldn't open his eyes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice