Allergies to food,

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by M&M, Nov 3, 2008.

1. M&M

M&M Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, we are Martin and Louise, we have a few food allergies and wondering what selection they have set up for the people on the resort? One is glutton intolerant and the other is allergic to MSG. Any help on this subject would really be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Chris, my wife has the same problem with glutten and had no problem. There are lots of choices from salads to seafood. Usually have someone trimming some sort of meat on the grill.

I'm not sure how you tell about MSG but you'll figure something out. :D

Jamie

3. glutenguy

glutenguy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gluten Intolerance

We will be there in December and are concerned too. Hopefully the chef and restaurant manager understand about cross contamination and how easily someone could get seriously ill. We emailed the resort but never heard anything back from them. Does anyone have an email for Management? It would be great to find out if they can accommodate me.
    Thanks,
    Glutenguy

4. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Are you really sensitive to cross contamination? If you are I'm not sure how any restaurant can accommodate that.

I do know they clean and scrape the grills, for example, between uses and cleanliness is a priority but it's an open kitchen so they make be making a bread product next to a non-bread product in the back.

I know Chris is not super sensitive and had no problems. If there is nothing on the line you can eat they can, for example, cook up a chicken breast for you.

Jamie

5. glutenguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've done many all inclusives, some are more accommodating than others. I am hoping they will have plain items on the buffet like grilled chicken, fish, steak etc. It's usually the sauces that get me. Salad, chips and salsa and avacados are my usual lunch. I tend to do better at the a la carte restaurants because they can usually cook to order. It sounds like the reservations may be difficult though. Sometimes just letting Management know helps. Does anyone have an email address?
    Thanks.

6. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would go to their website and hit the contact button for the easiest way to get through to them www.temptationresorts.com Hope that helps.

7. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    You'll have no problem dealing with them there. Just ask for a Captain and explain to him what you need. They always been quick to assist in the past.

Jamie

8. glutenguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the link. I just emailed them for the second time. This time I got an acknowledgement email (standard response). Hopefully I will hear from them soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice