all you Cancun locals

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Laura Mapchick, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this hurricane is making me nervous, you guys take the necessary precautions, get out of town if you can and stay safe.

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Be safe everyone!!!

3. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Get out of town, ok, but to go where? We will probably won't know before Monday. I don't remember the names but one hit Chetumal, another one Merida... We were expecting them in Cancun.

It makes me nervous too!!! I have not really recovered from Wilma (trauma)

I have already closed half my anticyclonic shutters.

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    At least Merida won't suffer from a storm surge a number of feet above the usual tide level!

5. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers ...

Be safe.

6. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keepin my fingers crossed for all of you :cool: :!:

7. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think if I had the choice I would head south to Guatemala or something along those lines. I'm with R.I. GAL keeping my fingers crossed.

212eric

8. jakif

jakif Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been watching the weather channel all week. Having been in Cancun two weeks following Wilma, my concern is for all of your safety. Please take all the necessary precautions and know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families. Jaki

9. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys, you don't deserve another Wilma there!!

Keep safe!!

10. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks fully when the HT power lines collpased along BOnampak, the CFE decided to stick them underground, where they should have been in the first place.

Hopefully, if we do have another line collapse, the local gov will force CFE Telmex and the cable co's to stick it all underground.

POnce that is done, due to the style of house construction here, hurricanes will have much less affect on the economy because we'll bounce back a lot quicker.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice