Alcohol Question

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by amdub, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    There's this company out of the UK that is selling TTR cheap because they have the daily all inclusive locked in at a low rate. Hence the Blue Bands. The Blue Bands are supposed to be getting the cheap stuff. :wink:

Jamie

2. jrose52

jrose52 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bands

So if its our first time and we are not RCI members etc we get cheap crap?

3. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    You should be gettin the Red band that gives you the good stuff. :D If in doubt at the bar, just ask for it and you'll get it.

Jamie

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    You mean Alpharooms? That's just plain wrong.

Whether you get a Blue Band or not is determined by when you booked, not who you booked with. My Dad and Stepmom booked in Jan for Feb with Alpharooms in the normal way and had a red band. Only those booking before the name change should get blue, at least that's the way it was.

5. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Don't know if it was Alpha Rooms or not. Don't think it was cause I would have remembered that name and I forget who it was.

Course if someone is paying significantly less than everyone else one would question why they should get the same benefits. Kind of to the point of the Premiere Members.

But who, other than the management at TTR, knows the true story. Certainly not me. :D

Jamie

6. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I booked with Alpharooms and got a red band. I got the good stuff but usually when I asked for it only. If I would have gotten the cheap stuff I guess it wouldnt have mattered to me. It is what we had last time and we booked through Hotwire. I still got a good buzz going! :p

7. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Sort of off topic/on topic - I really enjoy vodka on the rocks and vodka martini's - no mix down for this boy. I've been drinking vodka on the rocks for years, as well as simple dry vodka martinis.

Recently, for fun, we did a "blind tasting" of vodkas with three or four friends. We bought bottles of Ketel One, Stolichnaya, Wyvoroba, Svedka, Absolut, Smirnoff, Grey Goose, Effen, and Belvidere.

We froze the bottles and then poured an "over the rocks" drink in identical glasses for each, and tasted them.

Want to laugh?

Not ONE of us could identify which vodka was which. They all have distinctive tastes, though. We rated each vodka in terms of initial taste, smoothness and after taste.

Smirnoff won ...

Try it, you'll be surprised, and no, I don't work for them.

That said, Svedka or Wyborova is my "daily driver" brand, and Grey Goose when I want a treat. :)

Stew

8. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Where did you buy the Wyvoroba? I have never seen it in the STL market.

9. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Some of our friends are thinking about coming to TTR with us. One of them is a bourbon drinker, and the other is a gin and tonic person. What are the bourbon and gin brands?

Neither of us drink bourbon or gin, and I have never (or don't remember) paid any attention to those booze options.

10. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    They didnt' have the premium brands when we were there, so didn't notice, and of course the "rail" brands are nasty rotgut.

Answering your other question, Wyborova is always available at the two big places I tend to go - Binny's Beverages and Sam's Liquors - both are bit "mega store" type liquor stores.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice