Alcohol Question

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by amdub, Jun 17, 2008.

1. amdub

amdub Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings from Ireland :ireland: Will see you all Aug 17th - first time, cannot wait!

I am wondering if you could tell me what brand of beer they serve at the bars? If you were to compare it in taste to a typical American beer what would that beer be? (My husband has very picky tastes in beer and am hoping he likes it!!! He normally drinks Guinness at home lol :beerdrink: )

I drink vodka and diet coke (I know! It is an unusual mixer from an American perspective but it is a very normal mixer in Ireland!). Could you tell me what brand vodka they serve (but I'm not too picky lol :wow: ) Also could you tell me do you think they will have "real" Diet coke ie. not own brand type cola?

2. amdub

amdub Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry, btw. just to clarify. I meant the bars in Temptation, not just in Mexico. Thanks in advance ! Amy

3. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At the resort they serve Dos Equis...XX on tap, at every bar, my husband compares it to a Miller product, i.e. Lite

the diet coke they have is called Coke Lite...not the same as in the states, but it does the trick, I drink rum and diet..

sorry, really didnt notice what kind of vodka they have, do know they carry bacardi's rum, when I drank vodka it was in a frozen drink what I call fufu drink, woo hoos, drunken monkeys, so forth

it all gets you buzzed, dont let it spoil your holiday!!

4. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The "top shelf" vodka is Smirnoff. It was fine. I ususally drink Grey Goose and Cranberry here at home. The Smirnoff was fine for me though. If you dont ask for the Smirnoff tho you may end up with the house brand I think it is called Karkoff or something like that...it really wasnt bad either as I forgot to ask for the Smirnoff often and I didnt notice too much different. But then I am not really all that discerning of a drinker! I should quit buying the spendy crap at home! LOL!

They had a "drink of the day" that changed daily and I made a point of trying those at least once and if I liked them it is what I usually drank the rest of the day.

5. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    If your husband is a Guiness man and is picky, he's going to think the beer at Temptations is like making love in a canoe. TRANSLATION: F'ing close to water. :)

6. tntg

tntg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can always pack your own suitcase full like we did. We packed a totally seperate bag just for alcohol. Be sure to get plenty of bubble wrap and good tape. Worked for us, and we had a blast. Just give it to Diego at the bar, he puts your name on it, and when he saw us coming, it was ready! Of course a little extra tip helps out too!!

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    And if your hubby really misses Guinness then you can buy cans of it at Walmart..... obviously it's not quite the same as draft Guiness in Ireland though.

8. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I believe the house brand of vodka is Blat, and is about as poor of vodka I have ever had. The bartenders will gladly serve Smirnoff if you ask, but IMO the Wryoba is the best vodka choice at TTR. A Polish vodka that I think is pretty good, and better than the Smirnoff, and several grades better than the Blat.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Are they still serving that crap (Blat) I thought they'd done away with the rough stuff with the name change?

10. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh yeah! It IS Blat! Hell I had a hard enough time remembering "Smirnoff" while I was down there. I rarely drink at home. When I do I order a Strawberry (or other fun flavor lately some places have pomagranite! YUM!) Margarita. Or Grey Goose and Cran. Or G brings me Grey Goose and cran to the house. Smirnoff tho I heard of it isnt in the usuals. :p I will have to try the Polish stuff next time I am at TTR.

Yeah Steve they still have the really crap liquor. If you dont ask for the other you usually end up with that but all you have to do is ask for the better stuff. I am sure they bank on the fact that most people dont ask for the other stuff, therefore saving money. Tho I noticed some would give me the Smirnoff even when I didnt ask. I couldnt tell if it was in relation to when I tipped or what have you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice