Airport

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by lowrider86, May 4, 2021.

1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    We always had max capacity number of bags due to being mules for friends in Cancun for stuff from the states. “You’re here for 15 days and have eight full bags??? Show me the merchandise!!! ”

We almost never got by with a green light. ☹️

Jamie.

2. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    I'm curious: what kinds of stuff would you bring?

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Seasonings that aren't available here, some clothes, shoes, slippers, watches, phones, Manwich sauce, scone mix, chilly pepper seasoning, just about anything that folks might find online but couldn't get shipped here easily.

Best one though was a friend was jonesing for a real Philly Cheese Stake. She could find all the ingredients here except for the special rolls from King of Prussia, PA. Forget the brand name now but those were the only rolls suitable to build a perfect sandwich in. So over a couple of business trips to the area I picked up several packages of rolls and experimented with different ways to package them safely in out luggage and get the fresh to Cancun. Ended up picking up four packages of six rolls three days before I came down, bought plastic lasagna trays, loaded them up, put them into the freezer till the night before, pull them out, packed them up and delivered them the morning after we arrived. Her boyfriend though we were both crazy till she fixed her one on the new rolls and he was a believer. :)

Usually have at least one roll on that is packed with 2 pound bags of Twizzlers, Hershey chocolate kisses and mini bars, gummy bears, jelly bellys, and other candy. :) That one is always fun to see them open.

Once brought down 48 flair bottles for the bartenders at TTR. 2 each to every bartender.

No drugs or anything illegal but other than that, probably brought it.

Jamie

4. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Wow, this is good info LOL. Couldn't believe how hard it was to find those rolls!

I've entertained the idea of retiring in Mexico but always wonder what kinds of things I'd miss. Thank you for that great perspective.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice