Airport Transfer

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by UKLAD, Feb 15, 2007.

1. UKLAD

UKLAD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    how does everyone get from the airport to their hotel??? whats the cheapest way?

2. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How have you booked your holiday from the UK ? If its with a tour operator you'll prob have transfers included but if not book with cancunvalet ( link at bottom of page ) I beleive its about $30 single trip but goes up slightly if there's more of you.

Even with transfers from UK based tour ops i'd still be tempted to book a cab with them as First Choice once made us wait nearly 2 hours at the airport once for another plane to come in :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ian :lol: :lol:

PS. only book one way with Cancunvalet aswell as you can pick cabs up for your return trip to the aeropuerto anywhere in cancun. :lol:

3. UKLAD

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    great we have booked with first choice lol, doesnt say anything about airport transfer there will be about 20 of us??

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    cancunvalet is great, Id recommend them to anyone!!

5. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check with your travel agent but I would presume transfers are included. Although ( and I sumise you'll have to check with the rest of your group ) I'd seriously think about binning them off and booking cabs with the link below. You'll get to the hotel ahead of the rest nof the coach, get by the pool, possibly get the better rooms available and after that 10/11 hour flight the last thing I'd want to do is sit on a coach listening to some failed Butlins rep harp on.

I personally though FC sucked. On our secdond day in Cancun they picked us all up and took us to one of the clubs they'd hired out to give us the welcomming speach as it were. I refused to go, expecting the hard sell routine for tours, bar crawls ectectect but she promiced me it wasnt like that and the others I'd traveled with said come on lets give it a go... so off we went. They crammed about 200 of us from various hotels into a dance floor that was seated out like a theatre, on came the reps ( lined up on the stage infront of us,) all introduced by the head rep honcho and proceeded to tell us we they werent going to give us the hard sell, just tell us where the hospitals, doctors best restaurants are....... then proceeded to tell us that if we wanted to sit together on the plane on the flight back we had to pay £10 each there and then....... F*ck that....... exit Ian.... out the door, called a taxi back to the hotel........ the others turned up 2 hours later complaining that it'd turned into a mass sales pitch for tours and trips and they had to wait ages on the coach for the trip back to our hotel as it was the last drop off. You have been warned. You can get the trips cheaper on here and else where and you dont have to pay to go on a bar crawl do you :lol:

Ian :lol:

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow that sucks! I would have done the same thing Ian. I get picked up at the airport by my flight carrier and then they drop us off, tell us tomorrow morning we have an orientation..blah blah and I don't go..

7. UKLAD

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah im not planning on doing any of there stuff, to me its just a flight and hotel. Looks like ill book with the Cancunvalet!! cheers

8. d2k

d2k Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i will not be impressed if they try makin me wait 2 hrs for another plane

9. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if i had to wait two hours for another plane to show up i'd either 1 make a big fuss and yell, and find another way or two just go with it, change in to bathing suit and sit on that piece of grassy land right by the buses and start taking in the sun lol

seriously. two hours is brutal. thats unacceptable. its almost as bad as those people in new york stuck on runway for 8 hours in plane on way to cancun :shock:

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would just take a cab myself...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice