Airport Transfer To Ttr

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by b3achlif3, Jan 15, 2020.

1. slopoke3

slopoke3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    We use USA Transfers. Our experience with them has always (7 times) been great. It's almost unbelievable .. but one trip we landed (literally wheels touched down) at 11:15 AM and we breezed through customs, grabbed our bags, USA Transfer were right there waiting for us, they drove us directly to Temptation, and we had wristbands on with drinks in hand by 12:10 PM.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. shotgun

shotgun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 2
    If that happens a gain call and tell them what happened. They can not fix what they do not know. I have used USA about 14 times and have been pleased every time.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Not sure where you are seeing that, maybe it's an outdated page. Do you have a link?

USA Transfers have been the official provider for TTR for about 6 months now. USA do however use upgraded vehicles (Suburban etc) if you book through the hotel rather than a regular van if you book via cancuncare. The hotel also makes a larger commission than I do if you book through my link. I get $5 per booking, the hotel gets $25 or so.

Also TTR now has an arrivals and departures screen, just for USA Transfers. So, if you're waiting for friends you can see how far away they are, and if you're waiting for your pick up you can see that too. Pretty cool!

Note to Canadians: Since the owner of USA is from Edmonton he allows you to pay in Canadian Dollars at a very favorable rate, so no need to change any money for that. You do have to be arriving on a flight direct from Canada though.

You can find our link here:
    Cancun Airport Transfers | Best Service 2020 | USA Transfers

4. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    It really is the best way.

Cancun is not like most airports. It does not allow random taxi drivers to pick up (only drop off), there is no Uber to speak of in Cancun, and if there was they wouldn't be allowed to pick up at the airport.

There is one company called Green Line, they have an exclusive licence to pick up people who don't have a pre-arranged transfer, and they pay a lot of money for that, so guess who they pass the cost on to?

Green Line will often cost you the same one way as you can pay for a return with a pre-arranged transfer.

As for the pick up 3 hours before your flight, for International flights you are supposed to arrive 2 hours before your flight time. It's usually only 20-30 mins from the hotel, but if there are traffic problems, then it can take longer.

If you want a later pick up you can request one, but need to acknowledge that if you're late for your flight, it wasn't USA's fault :)

5. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Thought about for about one second. Once you walk thru the door at TTR, the ride over is the last thing on your mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Allin8892

Allin8892 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0
    We loved it! They were there and ready. We were at the resort so quick and the service was great!

7. b3achlif3

b3achlif3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Hi Steve - Airport Transfer | Temptation Adults Only Cancun Resort

8. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  9. b3achlif3

b3achlif3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    You're Welcome Steve

10. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Be very cautious about adjusting the time window for your flight with USA Transfers on the weekends. The Cancun airport is very hit-and-miss in terms of how crowded it is. Problems arise when an airline has several flights within an hour, as Westjet tends to do. On two out of 6 trips the line-ups inside the airport to check in/check bags, have been so bad that we had to be pulled out of the line in order to make our flight. This despite us doing online check-in before leaving the resort. I personally would not tinker with my pick-up time for weekend flights. If you do get stuck in a very long line that is not moving, do not wait until it's really close to your flight time to go up to the desk and advise of your flight time so they give you priority over people with later flights.

Last time we used Interjet, and the check-in was an absolute gong-show, and fights were nearly breaking out. There were airport or Interjet employees (I think the former, but I'm not sure) offering to take cash to put able-bodied people into wheelchairs so they could get to the front of the line, and a number of people took them up on it, which made all the rest of us furious. The experience was so bad that we will almost certainly not fly Interjet again, despite the great price and good in-flight service.

As I said on another thread this morning, it's Mexico. Don't expect everything to operate as smoothly as it would at home.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice