Airport Question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Zibbyzap, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know that I have seen on here that either a new concourse or an upgrade to the Cancun Airport is scheduled to open this year. Can anybody fill me in on the details? I can't seem to find it under the search function.

Also since it has been a couple of years since we have been down to Cancun, can anybody tell me if it is possible to arrive and then wait for another flight to arrive (from a different airline)? Not sure if that is possible since you will need to gather your baggage and clear Immigrations/Customs. Long story short, we will be arriving earlier than our friend from Phoenix and would like to wait for her if possible at the airport.

Thanks for any info!

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Once you get off your plane you MUST proceed immediately to Immigration and then Customs.

So you certainly can wait for your friends but have to do that after gatheriong your luggage and clearing Customs.

There is, however, a new restaurant (cafe) that just recently opened outside of Customs area whereyoucan wait. Much more pleasnt than waiting outside on th curb.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Terminal 3 is supposed to open in May I think. It will be for international flights. I've heard from people who've been inside that it is going to be really nice and really big.

Assuming you are coming in sooner than that, and that both you and your friend are coming into Terminal 2 (which is where 95% of flights are coming in right now) then there is a small cafe outside the exit of the building. You must go through immigration and customs first before you can stop and wait anyway. So just exit the building and go to the right, you will see a cafe/restaurant right there. And it has a dumb name in English, I think it's called "The Meeting Point".

4. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you both for the info. It will be the end of May, so I suppose that we will have to wait and see.

5. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    New restaurant open outisede international flights arriving in terminal 2, they have inside the arrivals notice an+t TV and also a screen to see whom comes out of the internationa terminal 2.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice