airport pick up

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by nitram72, Nov 18, 2009.

1. nitram72

nitram72 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my teenaged son will be meeting me in cancun 2 days after I get there. I was wondering if there is an area where I could pick him up? I read that taxi drivers are not permitted to pick up passengers only drop off. does that mean that the only way of him getting to the hotel is thru a transfer and/or public bus? I would like to be able to meet up with him at the airport. thanks for your advice in advance.

2. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When people exit the customs and immigration area there is a door to the outside and people meet their friends there. Those who exit to their left is a good section for people waiting.

3. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can take a taxi to the airport to meet him, then the two of you would have have to take a shuttle or private transfer back to the hotel together.

4. CancunWithMe.com

CancunWithMe.com Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you rent a car you can drive yourself to the airport, park, meet up with your son, then drive back to Cancun. If you don't rent a car your cheapest way would be via ADO bus (there and back), and your most convinient way would be taking a taxi from Cancun to the airport, make arrangements for the taxi driver to wait around, and then take you guys back. This would be less expensive than taking a regular taxi or airport transfer.

I am not a taxi driver, nor do I know their rules. What I have been told by local taxi drivers is that they can pick up people at the airport if they have been "pre contracted". They can go pick up a "specific" person, what they can't do is wait on line with the rest of the taxis there, or drive around looking to pick up random passengers.

Last tip, going from HZ to airport is quicker, but if you take the public bus back into Cancun downtown, then take a taxi there to the airport you will save much money, almost half.

5. jayg

jayg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where do you get the ADO bus at the airport to go to centro?

6. CancunWithMe.com

CancunWithMe.com Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe you take it from terminal 2, although I have heard some folks mention that the ADO bus at times makes stops at the different locations. The Cancun airport is not that big (then again they did open the new section already).

Once in Cancun just ask someone where to find the ADO station :)

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jayg,

The ADO to downtown leaves from Terminal 2. Most international non-charter flights arrive at Terminal 3. The exception is Jetblue at Terminal 2.

There is a free shuttle between terminals. Exit Terminal 3, hang a left, walk 30 yards and you will see the shuttle sign. It will take you to the front, middle of Terminal 2. Walk to the left end of the building and the buses leave from there. You can buy your ticket from a uniformed employee, right in front of the bus. $45 pesos or $4.50 US. You save about $1 US if you have pesos.

Be sure you get on the bus that says Cancun and not the one to Playa del Carmen. They leave on the hour and on the half hour. The shuttles between the terminals run often.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2616462990049475566oyPCmm.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2669933220049475566eZcGBL
    There are also slightly larger shuttles but they stop in the same place.

I have other Cancun Airport photos posted at:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575666128rIEBaw?start=0

Sorry but I don't know how to arrange them so they are sort of scattered about in random order.

8. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If saving money is the objective, then the bus is the cheapest, if you want to get to the hotel quicker, do the hotel zone shutttle, $14 per person. I'm guessing after teh fligth, the teenager will want to hit the beach asap!

You could always take the ADO from downtown out to the airport to save $, and then shuttle back.
    The airport bus is 40 pesos

9. nitram72

nitram72 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you all for the advice. viva

10. jayg

jayg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    T.J. thanks for the great directions and pics. jayg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice