airlines your flight has been changed WTF

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by no regrets, Dec 19, 2014.

1. miniTes

miniTes Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    Im a travel agent and our company will make you sign a wavier if you want to fly with Sunwing. Far to many problems we dont want to be held accountable for them. They always do the switch from early flight to one 12 - 15 hours later even if you paid more for the early flight.

2. Matt_Diana

Matt_Diana Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yep Sunwing f***ed us too. PEOPLE NEVER EVER FLY WITH SUNWING!!!!

That is all

3. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    '' Champagne '' flight they say.

Yeah they offered you champagne so you can't be mad at them.
    But the glass of " champagne " pretty sure it's only cheap white win with pops water lol.

Flew twice with sunflang. The first time was ok the second late by 3 hrs at cancun airport..

Then last year we took Air canada but because of weather was delay.

We took westjet to go to British Columbia, great customer service and nice plane.

Envoyé de mon SM-G900W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

4. float

float Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Airtlines

Don,

If you book a season (meaning in winter for summer or later) or two in advance, you can look for a change.
    Airlines normally change schedules for summer vs winter. Not sure of the dates that they do the change but they do.
    Normally they do not cancel flights. They change light numbers and times.
    One of the reasons this year is Mexico change away from DST. Great idea!!
    Makes it get dark at a later time!
    TTR has always been very understanding about moving dates if it is far enough in advance.

Book away!!

:lotsofmichaelfs:

5. Neil_Jo

Neil_Jo Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    When do you fly?
    They have done that to us as well. Booked in Sept. An 8am departure and a 1 hour lay over is now a 630 am dep. and 2 hours in Philly. Our return went from 1300 depart Cancun to 11:45 am departure and a 3 hour layover in Philly.
    Next time I'm booking with WestJet :angrymad:

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

was flying from Ontario to Cabo,, flights were already sketchy, went from 2 planes to 3 with long overnight layover, loosing more then a day on a already short trip.
    Got a full refund because I booked together.

Works the other way too, if a hotel closes, your chances of getting a refund /credit on the flight greatly increase if you booked as a package deal.

7. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 1
    We have had both good and bad traveling for leisure or work. We have had the silly emails and phone calls that tell us that the flight has changed but after looking closely it changed by minutes. I.e. 6:05am depart changed to 6:03am. This seems very stupid. One trip we had 3 changes before we departed, finally the flight departed within 5 minutes of the originally scheduled time. Now for work, I have had flights cancelled because of weather, typical Chicago hubs deal with weather all the time. For a good change we left DesMoines one morning to Cancun, minutes before we left United gave us an American flight that arrived an hour earlier and $200 for the change. To make up for it, United screwed us on the way back. Lost our luggage and we missed the connection in Houston because of their 50 gate changes. The joys of travelling

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice