Airlines/charters

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by amers, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Deadhead

Deadhead Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow! What a difference a day or two makes... We are looking at a Sunday to Sunday in the same time frame and being quoted the $483 on the Jetblue website. I have found it true with other airlines also. It blows when you are locked into your days and can't play around with it a bit.

2. meg27599

meg27599 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One thing to try when looking for airfare is to look for one way flights and use different airlines. Sometimes you can get a better price that way. Takes more work but can be worth it to save some big time cash.

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amers I did some looking and we paid 795.00 for 2 tix and that was on 11-22-06. I looked this morning and it was about 1,100.00 for 2, I'm going to wait it out awhile. I think it will get cheaper.

What do you think???? Anyone?????

We book our room seperate.

4. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are still waiting, but I am now waiting to hear back from a travel agent to check into some of the stuff on Worry Free's website. It talks about later on they may need to add fuel surcharges, etc., and I am not sure how much or what all that means. With everything we are hearing around here for travel that you should book soon, etc with the fuel only going up it is getting scary price wise. You'll have to keep us updated. Thanks!

5. kmurphy45

kmurphy45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had been checking for airfares for Jan. 2008 beginning in May of 2007. Usually fly American Airlines out of Chicago and in 2006, paid around $465 for each ticket and that was with 1 stop. I usually only fly non-stop and will always insist upon that from now on. Prices were running about $100-150 more this year when we began searching for fares. And they kept creeping up. Finally, in July we found tickets on ATA for just under $427 and scooped them up. Was on Expedia.com this past weekend and found a Mexicana flight for $370 plus change round trip and am somewhat bummed, but with my luck I wouldn't have found this fare if I hadn't already gotten somewhat of a deal on ATA. My biggest problem with ATA has been not enough leg room so hopefully they've improved since I last flew them about 7 years ago to Florida. My sister is a travel agent and she said they don't expect prices to come down much with the fuel prices being what they are.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice