Airlines/charters

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by amers, Oct 25, 2007.

1. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there! I haven't posted in a while, and this may seem silly since I am talking about 8 months away, but I have a question. We are going to be coming back to Cancun in June, and Sun Country (who we normally use, out of Minneapolis) just posted their rates and they are super high. Our neighbor said they usually post their lower rates first, but I don't know. I did see that thru Worry Free Vacations they have better prices, but they use Champion Air. Does anyone have any info on Champion Air or have any advice? Thanks in advance!

2. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have flown with Champion several times out of MSP and have never had any problems through them. I always book with worryfree the last 3 years anyway and they have always had the best price. Saw they had like 190 air with a package, I was thinking of going for 11 days and only staying at a hotel through them for 3 days to get the lower airfare. Then go to PDC for the rest of the time.

3. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, I just heard from a friend who said she used them once before and was fine. We are going to only be in Cancun for part of our trip, and the other part on Isla, so I was happy to see you could get the lower airfare even if you don't need the hotel the whole time. Do you usually book far in advance or wait to see if it gets better? Thanks!

4. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I try to have it booked before the end of the year unless it is too good of a deal to pass up. Last year if I remeber right it was about 800.00 for 2 and we booked before Thanksgiving. That was air only price, its always cheaper if you book the hotel thru them too. But I dont like many of the prices of their hotels and we like to stay downtown. Never been to PDC but we may go there this year. You in MPLS area? Im in Red Wing.

5. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are in a suburb of Minneapolis, called Maple Grove. Last year when we went in June (just husband and myself) our airfare on Sun Country was $380. a person, now if you look it is about $555. and we have 4 of us going this time. The prices on the hotels with the package actually weren't too bad, a little cheaper since I compared booking directly with the hotel. (although the hotel will probably be a little cheaper by then, but you never know) We may book it soon, we'll just have to make sure the kids have snacks and food on the plane. (they loved Sun Country for the food) At least the flight thru Worry Free is direct, that is nice too. Thanks for the info!

6. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes bring some snacks because you only get some peanuts and a pop on Champion.

I went to High School in Plymouth (Armstrong). Maybe your kids will be going there? That is quite a mark up from last year. Maybe the prices will fall. I think my wife and I will hold off until Thanksgiving time to see if it drops any. I'm on worryfree's email list and get all the deals emailed to me, thats how I got my tix last year.

7. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Champion

6 times with MLT/Champion out of Denver.

Never paid more than $434 total for both of us. Without a hotel combo it's about $50 more PP for air.

Jimmy

8. nausetn

nausetn Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Airfares out of New York for President's Week 2008

I have been SEARCHING for months for a reasonable fare from NYC to Cancun for February 2008. Fares are in excess of $11000 for a direct flight, 800-900 for a 1 stop flight!! These fares from other areas of the country seem VERY reasonable to me. Anyway, I broke the trip up and will fly NY--> Miami and then Miami to Cancun. the airfare via AA from Maimi to Cancun is cheap...$335 with all taxes & fees. It is actually more expensive to go from NY --> Miami $406.80. OUCH. The airlines will price all the people from NY right out of the market...Or maybe that is the intent? But for sure, people will go to other vacation spots with airfares this outrageous.

9. Deadhead

Deadhead Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nauset Nancy, Have you checked Jetblue's web site. They are about $483 per person from JFK to Cancun direct flight in Feb. We used them last year and were very impressed with the service. We actually booked flight and hotel through them, could find a better deal anywhere else.

10. nausetn

nausetn Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our problem is we are locked into the Friday -->Friday with our FA Cancun Villas. We did fly Jet Blue last year and LOVED it but with my husband and 2 kids the thought of paying $ 4,212.24 USD (which is what they are quoting for the 15-22 of February is just too steep for us. Thanks for the post though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice