Airfare prices?!? to cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by sceia, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Any charters fly out of BTR? You should be able to get something quite a bit cheaper in a couple of months. Where can you fly non-stop from there? Cheap/direct flights available from Dallas or Houston.

2. kmurphy45

kmurphy45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have been trying to get a decent fare from Chicago for January or February for several months now. The last 8 years or so, our fare has run about $430-480 pp. When I started looking for 2009 those prices had doubled. Finally had Yapta.com check various flights for me and they would notify me of any price changes. Booked today for Feb. 21-28 for $390.60 pp non-stop on United Airlines. Am thrilled to death though it means going about 6 weeks later than usual.

3. fishing_magician

fishing_magician Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    spiritair.com

WE are flying spirit again from detroit and if you watch the sales they ahve with email alerts you can get there cheap. we are flying non stop for under $200 each plus, taxes and such. just have to be ready to get tickets everyday about 11am-4pm when they put out on line sale alerts. I jsut check it at random everyday. If I was faster typing my flights would have been $29 each way apiece..... still a great deal under $200 each round trip.

4. kmurphy45

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I find the problem with the email alerts is that I'm usually confined to certain dates I can go as I only can get my place one week a year and for prime season I need to reserve several months in advance. That usually presents a big problem in getting those great last minute deals that many of the airlines offer. And when I've made my reservation for my place I'm reluctant to wait until the week before to purchase my air. Wish I could be more flexible...I'm sure that would help in getting cheaper air. Besides I'm not sure Spirit goes to Cancun from Chicago. I only see them advertise for Florida from here but I haven't looked into yet. Also, those planes are similar to the charter planes in size and I have trouble with the leg room. I have taken them to Ft. Myers.

5. kmurphy45

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just an aside FYI - my United flight from Chicago to Cancun on Feb. 21 is back up to $790.60. I bought in a week ago for $390.60. Glad I jumped on that when I did. Do not understand the airlines' thinking at all and not sure anyone does.

6. ChrisnCancun

ChrisnCancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked our trip in April through Apple Vacations and they set us up with a charter flight out of St. Louis round trip for 237.00 each

7. fishing_magician

fishing_magician Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just booked mine

my trip from spirit air was $373 round trip for 2 people. non stop detroit to cancun. that includes taxes,tsa fee, a suit case eaach and seat charge (pick which seat we want before flight). You just have to shop spirit air by getting email alerts from them and joining $9 club and then you just wait for the sale to pop up in the time frame you want to go..... then get the flights and then book your resort. It makes going that much cheaper and easier....

8. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wish they flew out of MSP.

9. kmurphy45

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had checked out Apple too as we have flown them down to Cancun probably 8 of our last 15 trips down. This year they were also very high from Chicago when I checked...in the $600-700 range a couple months ago. Spirit does not fly direct from Chicago either and I can't fly if it's not a nonstop primarily due to some health issues. Sure am glad I got the price I did on United and hope the price comes back down so some family can come visit down there too.

10. al & flora

al & flora Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Prices have come down a little bit.....

January '09
    USAir $324 RT RochesterNY><Cancun

January '08
    USAir $404 RT RochesterNY><Cancun

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice