Airfare prices?!? to cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by sceia, Dec 6, 2008.

1. sceia

sceia Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all. This is my first post here, and have really enjoyed reading all the info. Yall are awesome....

I'll be going to cancun for our first trip out in May. I been researching airfare prices leaving from Lafayette or Baton Rouge, and they are ridiculously high... Like 750 pp after taxes and fees. Anyone finding cheap deals anywhere these days..?

Thanks,
    Scott.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just bought Denver to Cancun during high season (xmas) for under $350 on American.

3. sceia

sceia Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's insaine....I just went to american airlines and checked. 775 per person round trip. :evil: This is sooo cutting into my budget. We were expecting the 350ish per ticket prices, but it's more than double! I guess we'll just have to watch the ticket prices and hope they come down. I don't know why it would be more expensive here, we're so much closer...

4. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im looking for tix at the end of Feb from MPLS MN and they are high too. Just have to keep watching for some specials closer to your date. I think if the fuel prices stay where they are the prices are bound to come down.

When I first started looking tix were like $1400 for 2. Now they are getting closer to $1000 for 2. I'm hoping for $800 for 2. Good luck.

5. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A few weeks ago, my Cancun lady booked RT to Ft. Lauderdale for $215 on Spirit. She's leaving the 20th, right close to Christmas. I would check a little later in the year. It's possible that some of the airlines are posting those prices with a "wishful thinking" attitude, and that when the plane has only 5 passengers with 2 months to go, that the prices will drop considerably. Not only that, but you'll be out of high season by then.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Windknot

I always fly Spirit from FL. I booked my March trip for $185 RT. I have paid as low as $106 RT during one of their minus $1 sales, basically it was tax and immigration fees only.

Because I have a place to stay and am very flexible when I can go and can go on a moments notice, I get some great deals on Spirit

8. Rudyman

Rudyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Air fare bargains

To all from St. Louis, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver, Minn./St. Paul. every Monday eve worry Free Vacations post their "Red Hot Deals" from these cities only. You can do air & hotel or air only. You must book by Thurs eve of that same week midnight to take advantage of these deals. Trust me often times they go fast and are not available even the next day Wed.
    We are coming from St louis Dec 22 for a week air only $269.00. Better than that being a charter all flights are non stop. 2 1/2 hrs from St louis. How sweet is that. Go to www.worryfreevacations.com. you can also sign up for their weekly emails for the Red Hot deals as well. Merry Christmas!

9. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MLT

All 8 trips were with MLT.

We got back a week ago. Not only non-stop but a decent meal and get this, FREE drinks. On AeroMexico. We paid a total of $251 pp.

We did have a problem this trip, first ever. Our flight was cancelled til the next morning. They needed a part from MX City. They put us up at a hotel and provided meal vouchers.

Saturday we received in the mail a letter of apology and 2, $200 vouchers good for a year.

Jimmy

10. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been upgraded twice to business class on Spirit. Really great to be up in the front of the plane, as one is close to being first in line at customs in FLL. At times they ferry the cruise ship passengers over to the air terminal, to go through customs, and it can be a lonnngg wait!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice