Airfare getting cheap??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Bart/Annette, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    $350 including all taxes rt from STL to Cancun over NYE on direct flights. I took a $100 penalty on another booking and still saved a bunch.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm paying under $350 direct to Denver from Cancun for TGiving. I think it's cheap because I'm going against the traffic, meaning the planes for my dates would have been pretty empty...still I was happy with that price.

3. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bart,
    Where did you book it? What airline?

4. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Less people traveling from the US, due to our stinking economy.

I read an article yesterday about the bargains out there now, especially on Caribbean cruises.

USA3000 had a special a few weeks ago, $99 to Cancun.

5. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    wish it was that cheap heading over to london :lol: although 645.00usd non stop from chicago to london isn't bad!

6. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I booked thru Funjet flying USA3000. Remember to use the Funjet link at the bottom of this page to help Steve make a dime or so.

7. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nov 16

We're leaving Nov. 16 from Denver. Booked with MLT (again) and they really dropped their fares. When we started looking they were around 700.00 for two tickets. We got air for 215. pp.

Jimmy

8. kmurphy45

kmurphy45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheap Airfares?

I have been searching for January or February fares from Chicago since October. To date, the cheapest non-stop flight I have found is $687.00 per person. At this rate, it looks like I may have to skip Cancun in Jan or Feb 2009...my usual time for going down. I have found rates to go down now to be not nearly as bad and am more than a little confused by that. The breakdown has the taxes and fees almost as much as the airlines' fare, thereby more than doubling the prices of this past January. Cannot express how disappointed I am to miss my yearly trip.

9. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    KMurphy45,
    I too live in Chicago and have found NOTHING for either of our trips in December or February!!!! It is ridiculous!!! A few years ago we could go down for $300 p.p. I too am very disappointed!! I don't understand why more carriers don't pick up routes out of ORD or MDW. The demand is clearly there. Also, these super-high airfares have got to be impacting the occupancy rates in Cancun.

I don't know.

DaveT

10. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I usually go in march, and I have been checking flights even though I am not going this march. There were hardly ANY flights out of chicago, no I see there are a few and they are in the mid to low 400's which is pretty good!! Hopefully you find something soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice