AIRFARE FROM DETROIT

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by judy, Jun 8, 2008.

1. judy

judy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone looked into airfare from Detroit for mid- January (17th)? USA-3000 (which we always use) has gone up $270.00 from last year per person. I realize with the upswing of oil prices, our vacation is sure to be more expensive in January. Guess it will cost more to visit "Paradise".

2. Glenn in Cancun

Glenn in Cancun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea its sad to say Judy those days of $200 to $250 flights to Cancun look to be over. We used to use Spirit a lot too but it seems USA 3000 has the best rates compared to all coming from Detroit. We booked For the last week in July Cancun-Detroit roundtrip $1400 for 3 seats. I guess it will just leave a little less cerveza money. Good Luck with your search.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My parents fly from Detroit and are definitely feeling the pinch of rising prices. Best thing to do is get on email lists of the charter companies and grab the specials they have for registered members. I know Spirit has offered great email deals in the past, the last time my parents came it was 2 for 1 and less than $200.

4. asj2008

asj2008 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not detroit, but we're flying in from NJ and we spent a very "cheap" $580 per person to get to Cancun.

Airline fares have basically almost doubled. My dad booked a September flight to Chicago for $408 that only a month or so ago cost $300+, and last year cost $200+

5. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sign up to be on Spirit's email list. Last year, in January, we got a flight for $29 each way (plus taxes). I've found Spirit drops prices for January - March right around Xmas. This has happened 3 years in a row....especially if you have flexibility with dates. USA 3000 has dropped prices around November, usually in the $99 range. There are some $99 each way flights on USA 3000 right now. We have been looking at Pittsburgh...and Cleveland. Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice