AGHHH..I'm even more scared

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by sharibaby67, Feb 5, 2009.

1. sharibaby67

sharibaby67 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LNDRN,

My son is 15 and I am going with a friend, her son is 14 also...maybe all the kids can hang out together..safer..I am in E-5712 for the week, feel free to call my room..My name is Shari...

2. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you're more likely to hurt yourself in CancĂșn than get hurt by some drug cartel. :) what with the sun, tequila, spicy food, no sleep, los crudos, borrachera, y cualquier otra cosa! :) that's why we go, right? :)

3. Jumpman23

Jumpman23 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The big dangers to tourists coming to Mexico are:
    - Hangovers
    - Sunburn
    - Food poisoning
    - Car accidents (wear your seat belt when you take a cab)
    - Drowning (don't swim drunk)
    - Falling from balconies (don't lean over your room's balcony railing when you are drunk)
    - Heart attacks

5. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've got my mother coming down for the first time very soon.

She recently emailed me, frantically warning me about how dangerous it was here.

After looking outside to make sure there were not any sounds of gunfire or dead bodies on my street, I returned to the computer.

I then pulled up the crime statistics and news reports for the area where she currently lives and emailed her back hysterically warning about how dangerous it was there! :D

I then told her NOT listen to anything negative she hears about Mexico from now until she arrives.

Knock on wood... if your not involved with drugs, human trafficking, the mafia, and do not socialize with said types, you don't need to worry about anything, so long as you exercise common sense.

I'll be the first to tell you Mexico has got some upsetting problems, but it is not something that should impact tourists who are just here for vacation. The fear mongering that is going on in the media regarding Mexico, is creating a false reality, especially when they discuss the Cancun area.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think one of the factors that leads towards violence in Mexico getting a top billing in the press is that because Mexico is a tourist magnet it gets seen as "paradise."

Then when something shatters that image it seems like a big deal and gets hyped more than it would if Mexico were not associated with so much tourism.

7. LNDRN

LNDRN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sheri,
    Thanks, I am sure my son Robbie, would love to hang out with someone other than us adults. We are in P5145 wk 12. My name is Cindy.

8. purseladyabc

purseladyabc Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What about the police force in Cancun?

What is it like now that the police force has been replaced by the military in Cancun? It is scary (I saw a photo online of one of the soldiers and he looked intimidating).

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The soldiers look just as intimidating as the police imho, they just have different uniforms. There are a lot of checkpoints right now, which is making rush hour traffic worse than it's normal terrible.

10. sharibaby67

sharibaby67 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cindy

Are you an RN? My friend and are also nurses....

I will take down your info...

See you in a couple of weeks!

Shari

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice