Advice Please

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by sal.flores, Jul 17, 2008.

1. sal.flores

sal.flores Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So the time is finally here for me and my fiancé to go on our honeymoon (Aug 6 - Aug 13) and I have a couple questions to ask the experts about before we get out there.

1) We really want to do the 'Club Hopper' tour, but we hear the best club out there is Coco Bongo, and it seems to have been cut from the itinerary. Please advise if that is still part of the package or is it no longer a part of the tour.

2) What would you guys suggest is better for two 25 yr old adventurous people: Xcaret or Xel Ha?

3) We are staying at Excellence Playa Mujeres and I would like to pre-book a shuttle transfer so I don't have to worry about it when I get down there. I know there is a link at the bottom of Steve's signature, but from what I understand the resort is not actually on Playa Mujeres, so I’m afraid to book blindly online. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sal

2. msyfun

msyfun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have used Entertainment Plus many many times and never had a problem I'm sure others here have used Brant often. I would never use anyone else

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yes, Coco Bongo is no longer part of the Party Hopper Tour, I had to change my pages a month or so back to reflect that. My guess is that like everywhere these days, the tour operator is tightening his belt - by providing one less club but a longer time in the other clubs their operational costs reduce.

Both are nice but if you can only do one I would say Xcaret as there is more to do and see although it might not be such a scenic location. Make sure you stay for the night show. Take a look at my page at Cancun Tours for videos pics and details of both places.

I would go ahead and book the Playa Mujeres transfer with EP, when booking there is a field to fill in the name of your hotel. If it's wrong (I dont think it is) they'll let you know via email and since it's pay on the day there's nothing to worry yourself about. Here's the direct link

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Steve answered everything pretty much to a T, however, I wouldnt say coco bongo is the best. In my opinion it is WAY overpriced, too crowded, and really not that great. This will be my 6th trip to cancun and I have only been to coco bongo once, as there is FAR more shows and a lot less dancing going on. The City, Basic, Bulldog, Daddy O and Senor Frogs offer a far better time but I would imagine it is worth experiencing once just to say you did.

5. sal.flores

sal.flores Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your help. I have also heard from some people that the Jet Ski Jungle Tour is awesome, and from some that there are too many bugs and it is too creepy to enjoy. What are your guys' opinions on that.

And, since its our honeymoon, are there any other tours or activities you guys would suggest? Thanks again for all your help!

6. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    There may be a couple of activities I would suggest, but I am sure you have those covered :D

I would suggest dinner at one of the restaurants that are not quite so touristy.

7. semokid

semokid Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi sal,
    we are only back from our honeymoon in cancun, we went to coco bongos twice it was unreal, it is a bit overcrowded but we partied anyway,dadyo's was very good also, we did the jungle tour also and it was fab it was my favourite activity as well as isla mujeres on the golf carts, i would also recommend the cancun queen dinner show and the pirates boat tour brilliant....you will love it we will be back

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice