advice on albinerro (spelling) dog

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Dec 31, 2006.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I live in an area with a lot of construction. The albinero's that stay with the house typically keep a dog. This particular dog next to my house is particularly foul and I am somewhat afraid it will eventually try to attack my children or me.

Last night I made the mistake of walking to a neighbor's and the dog was incredibly angry. I had an angry confrontation with the construction workers advising that they better control their dog. Why the concept of a leash is so foreign here i don't know. This is a typical street dog that I am sure has never had a shot in its life...

does anyone have a solution is there a department that you can call on to help me with this unruly dog?

2. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I personally have found out that complaining to the people at the bottom of the food chain is not only usless, but counterproductive.

I'd find out who owns the property or is in charge of the project and kindly ask them what the course of action would be shall you, your wife or kids were attacked by the dog.

Worst case scenario, Home Depot sells the right spices for a juicy steak.

3. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The one motion all street dogs universally understand, is a person bending down and picking up a rock. You don't even need to really have a rock or stone in your hand, just make out you're grabbing one.

Actaully HAVING one in your hand is a bonus, of course. :)

If you want, I can bring around Apache, and we can let him out to teach it a lesson in manners. He'll piss on all your trees though.

4. lilnottsman

lilnottsman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not the owners

It's unlikely the albaƱiles really own the dog. From my experience when building my house here, the dogs will attach themselves to anyone who will give them time of day and give them a little food from time to time. The best approach is Drewberts - works a treat.

5. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jason,

you are exactly right... where do these dogs even come from...

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, you see, this stork flies down.

Hey! You should know this story already!

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John,

The rock thing is something that Mexican dogs seem to understand. I actually learned this when I lived around the corner from you.

I love pets but you cannot let them put your family at risk. A rock to the head will usually work but you can try a nice stream of mace too.

Good luck.

8. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was actually going to buy myself a can of pepper spray because the rock throwing technique only worked when I was alone and not with my Mr. Puppers, whose a bit of a nancy boy. But then I moved back here and now doggies he meets in the streets aren't bullies, but new friends.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice