ADO bus to airport

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cancuncouple, Jan 15, 2017.

1. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Ok.. I've tried finding bus schedule thru the "ticketbus" website for travel from Cancun bus station to the airport. Does it still exist? If so still every 30 minutes? Thanks for any info.

2. jayg

jayg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the buses for the airport were leaving about every half hour last time we were there waiting for my daughter. when we took the bus to the airport it stopped at terminal 2 then went to terminal three, no more having to take a shuttle from terminal two to terminal 3. that was march 2016.

3. dioxide45

dioxide45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I can't even get to the ticketbus website anymore. The www.ado.com.mx website is now awful. I can't even look up schedules or rates on it.

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Website has been redone and it is not as user friendly now, in my opinion, but it shows buses running to the airport every half hour starting 7 AM and ending at 11:30 PM, at a cost of 72 pesos.

5. dioxide45

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I finally can get the site to work, sort of. I notice that the Cancun airport is listed as Aeropuerto Cancun, Q. Roo. It is not listed under the grouping for Cancun locations.

The prices for ADO Bus sure make a strong argument against renting a car. We have one night at the beginning of our trip where we don't really have anything firm booked. We considered renting a car for the one day and driving to Tulum or Playa del Carmen and spending the night. Our flight arrives very early the first day and we can't checkin the next day until about 4:00pm. So we would like to spend the day somewhere else. Renting a car would be easier, but the insurance sure adds to the cost. Roundtrip on the bus for two of us would be about $25. A two day car rental would run us about $100 when you add in the insurance.

6. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    You should take the bus from the airport to PDC. They are located to the right when you come out of the airport. I believe they leave every 30 minutes? Then you can either stay PDC for your night or catch a bus to Tulum. I'm pretty sure they run most of the day everyday. Then vice versa back to Cancun except you can bus Tulum to Cancun bus station or PDC to Cancun bus station.

Thanks for the replies. In May I've got to go from Isla Mujeres back to the airport to pick up newbie friends and bring them back to Isla.

7. dioxide45

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I did find a much easier website to use to look up ADO rates and schedules. Only issue is that it only allows you to look out four months. Though I have found you can sometimes get around the dates by manually entering the date. Just note the DD/MM/YYYY format.

https://www.clickbus.com.mx/es/ado

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice