ABC

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Mikey, Nov 11, 2004.

1. GolfHo

GolfHo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What’s up gang! Apologies for being a stranger, putting the wraps on an 18 month project. And sorry again for the long post, trying to catch up.

Michelle – I avoided posting here during the election. Having been raised in a political family I was ‘into’ this election more than any in my life time (and when you mix a Sicilian with politics watch out!). Passion every where, and even thought my choice (Edwards) never made it out of the dem primary I still feel good because a lot of folks actually got off their keisters and got involved (some were a bit misguided but oh well ).

One of the lessons I’ve learned is if your team doesn’t win, don’t whine, just hunker down and work harder next time. I like the cat from your state: Obama in ’08!!!

I know you like to keep up with politics, check out this bit of news, fascism at its finest.

Boots – having shoulder surgery in a few weeks, will miss work the entire month of Dec. Hopefully will be back in good enough shape by May to make the trip (I've put on about 10lbs), really miss you guys! Andy has mentioned coming back for Derby (I’m still trying to recover) and we’ve talked about shooting down to Cancun from here and maybe squeeze Vegas in between, can you imagine being there with him???!!!!

Steve – Like the avatar, “The Natural”. Tried to email you a couple of times and it got kicked back, I do owe you a proper phone call, would love to chat and catch up. And by the way, for anyone on the board who dials international from the states, 10-10-9-8-7 is the best rates I’ve ever seen, I can call Andy in N Ireland chat for an hour for about $2.

Zibby, couldn’t agree more with the ABC “quandary”, however in all fairness, Tipper focused here work on getting ratings standards set for video games (which was probably needed).

shoreladie – thank you!

2. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually Tipper co-founded the Parents' Music Resource Center (PMRC) in 1985. She initially went after the recording industry for their music. However since then, the entire entertainment industry has been under scrutiny. Some of it for good reason and some for ridiculous reasons.

Only in America can you not do certain things on network television but turn the channel and see or hear forbidden items on the very next channel. Television around the world has much more racier items on commercials than we have on nightly programming. :lol:

People should understand if you don't like what you see or hear, turn the channel. If you want to ensure that your children do not hear or see these things on television, block those particular channels.

Good luck with the surgery. Hope that you are 100% by May. Sounds like you have quite the schedule ahead!

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah....Obama has a bright future ahead of him if he plays his cards right. I worked for him this campaign.....would like to follow him to DC, but I haven't found a full-time job there that is worth moving for. I'll keep lookin though....maybe something will pop up somewhere down the line.

Michelle

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Michelle,

I know a guy, Vince Orange, that will be running for Mayor of DC in 2006. He's currently the City Councilman from District 5. He done a lot of things for the District and improved it greatly.

He's a great guy. Even I would vote for him and he's a Democrat. Imagine that. Went to high school with him in Colorado, he's originally from California. Worked his butt off and up through the system to get to where he is now.

If you need an intro......

Jamie

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll certainly keep your offer in mind. I've got lots of stuff in the hopper right now doing alot of flying back & forth....so the resume is workin...I just have to find the position thats right for me.

Should I run into a brick wall....I may take you up on your intro offer.

Michelle

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried clicking on the link and it said page not found.....I looked at the code and it looked like the link was to an article like this one......

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/news/editorial/10214646.htm

I've been following this for a while now....I'm glad the major media is on to this an reporting about it. Jus burns me up to see stuff like that!!! I hope he gets indicted and they bring down the house......

Michelle

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was looking through some old posts and came across this one. Sounds a little prophetic, wouldn't you say? Was wondering if Michelle will be making the trip to D.C. if Barack gets into the White House?

Our Primary is coming up Tuesday. Obama seems to be the man to beat for the Democratic nod. The race is tight, but he seems to have a lot of support in this area. Both Obama and Clinton have been to our city and we haven't had a Presidential candidate come here since 1968 when Robert Kennedy visited.

9. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wow thats pretty sweet

10. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope.....no DC for me. For reasons that I'd rather not post, I stopped working for Obama a while back.

I did get a chuckle out of reading this old thread though.....

Michelle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice