Abc News: Us Intelligence Warned Of China's Spreading Contagion In November

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by MandEOntario, Apr 8, 2020.

1. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    It's a little early in the game to start worrying about hindsight. We are still in the battle.

There will be tons of little 'gotcha' moments thrown out there by people trying to pass off blame, or make political points.

Let's just start with the WHO, and this tweet January 14th tweet.

"Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China," the organization had said.

I don't know if your last two post are trying to "blame" someone, or make it seem like this was avoidable, so I'll wait on a defensive post.

Bottom line is, once this virus got out of China, there was no stopping it.

3. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    That’s a fact. Once it left those shores it was going to happen. I am sure there will be a lot of would coulda moments.

4. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
    @Restling and @lakeboy22 Thanks for your comments. Agree with you both.

Many interesting articles to read to help break the self-quarantine monotony and too much TV. In hindsight, it probably doesn't add much value by sharing a couple of them here on CCC.

The excuses and political blame game is moving in parallel to the virus spreading and the collective fight.

There are now and will continue to be a lot of Monday morning quarterbacks and armchair epidemiologists. History will be the judge.

Right now it's about gratitude and supporting all frontline workers, and doing our individual parts to help reduce the spread. We have two immediate family members on the front line. We're proud, and we worry.

Here's a cool mindset model as food for thought .... found it on LinkedIn.

thumbnail_image.png

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    CNN, a reputable source...really...I mean...really???
    I read they reported that Santa Claus was real and because he contracted the Covid-19 virus he was pissed and was cancelling Christmas this year.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. jandm012805

jandm012805 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0
    The WHO makes recommendations based on data given to the organization by all countries. There is an ethical responsibility to give legitimate and accurate information. We know now that that wasn’t the case. I live in New York and I’m a front line worker who has COVID 19... I consider CNN a reputable source of information. I think one needs to be able to see through the BS from every news outlet. It seems easy to see when it’s partisan nonsense and when it’s facts. Fake news isn’t real, every outlet bends the truth to support their narrative. But for the most part when you siphon out the politics all of the major news sources agree that this is a bad situation that we all maybe should’ve been more prepared for.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Most agreed.
    Except FAKENEWS is real...we are living proof!
    “News” is a bizness with advertisers just like everything else.
    Also, political agendas too.
    Pick your poison.
    Does not matter if spoken, broadcasted, posted, tweeted, written, etc.
    Hard to believe anything snd hard to find the truth.

Oh, and I stand on my CNN comment...and especially the Santa Claus comment,
    Sorry those with young children!

8. jandm012805

jandm012805 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0
    No matter what outlet you choose it’s in their best interest to claim they’re the only truth, that every other outlet spreads lies. This would make their viewers or readers only view/read them thus increasing their ratings. We personally don't rely on one source for our information. Reading as many news outlets as possible allows us to make an intelligent decision on what is the truth.
    BTW Santa is only cancelling on those who don’t believe. So you might be in trouble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Agreed.

I AM Santa Claus in my family;)

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Wow, Paul... 3 dislikes on one post. Strong stuff.

Here's a relevant question on the above discussion.

I'm sure we can all agree that the various news outlets apply "spin" to their presentation & production of "Political" news, and news which has a direct political effect, right? In other words, the previously-existing and ongoing CNN v. Fox News dichotomy.

However, do we agree (what a concept) that, if a subject doesn't ahve a political connection or nexus, that they will dispassionately and simply... tell the truth?

I'm aware that lots of topics have effects (affectts? i always forget that rule) on political situations, so don't waste your time witht hat argument as I already agree with you, whatever your position happens to be (see what I did there, or at least tried to do...). I'm curious about our basic ... trust... in "the news" at all, on issues which don't involve who is going to be the next President. (Or Prime Minister, or whatever).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice