AB Negative Blood Donation Needed

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, May 5, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Some people on this board know Carmen Biana (Pino), the real estate agent.

I was just contacted by Cyndi Ader who is close friends with Carmen. Carmen is in the hospital here in Cancun. She is undergoing surgery today. She has internal bleeding and likely will need one or more blood transfusions.

Carmen's blood type is AB Negative and her docs are looking for an AB Negative donor.

If you or anyone you know is willing or able to donate blood for Carmen please contact Cyndi on her Nextel at 185 3209.

2. cancunwhoopie

cancunwhoopie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband is AB neg. unfortunately he is anemic and cannot donate. But good thing about being AB neg, is that they are universal recipients. They can recieve A or B or O blood types. So anyone can donate for an AB neg.

3. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can you let us friends know her status since we are not in Cancun to find out info other then through the forum or through friends who were not aware of Carmen's situation.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The last I heard anything about Carmen was Tuesday afternoon. She was out of surgery and was out of danger. But docs were still calling for blood donations to aid in her recovery.

It is correct that Carmen can be given any negative blood type.

I will see if I can get an update on her condition tomorrow and if so I will post it here.

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hi
    a friend with the same blood type contacted the hospital yesterday and was told it was not needed.
    Heres wishing Carmen a speedy recovery.
    Tracey
    x

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The latest news I have is that Carmen is no longer in need of blood donations. So that's good!

7. gabesz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Excellent news. Here is to a quick recovery and life back to normal. Please let her know if any of you see her that all her American friends wish her the best.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think Carmen is checking email yet, but I want to suggest that if you know her well enough to know her email address then please send her email with your support. I'm sure she will appreciate it when she does get around to checking it.

9. gabesz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Since I too am sure that Carmen is not checking her e mail yet, if anyone does see her before she does, please offer the best wishes of her American friends till she sees it in person on her e mail which I bet will be flooded by the time she gets to it.

10. gabesz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Carmen Bianca Pino

Just heard tonight from Carmen. She is home and recovering. She has not really had a chance to look at all the e mails from everyone yet, but will do so in short time. She is out for a month to recover but expects to be back to normal shortly.

She will have a large hospital bill due to lack of insurance and her friends will start a fund raiser for her benefit in the very near future to help pay off the hospital bills.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice