A Week Spent At Miches. Our Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Miches' started by sexyred, Jan 9, 2023.

1. sexyred

sexyred Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +400 / 0
    This is a little long, be aware, lol.

Let’s start this review on Temptations Miches by letting you all know we went with an open mind. We knew there would be some issues as the resort is new. We were excited to spend the week there and enjoy the new resort. I will separate the review into employees and facilities.

The Dominican employees were great for the most part. There is obviously a language barrier which for an English-speaking individual can be difficult. I understand that I am in a Spanish speaking country, but Cancun doesn’t have the same issue. There are very few people who speak English working at the resort compared to Cancun.

Our butler Danial was fantastic. He tried his best to make sure we had everything we needed. My wife is gluten free (not by choice); he ended up getting us hooked up with Junior who managed the restaurants. Junior made sure she had meals she could eat throughout the day.

That brings me to the restaurants. Not all the restaurants were opened every day. They rotated what was open daily. The second night we went to Sutra. An hour and a half after ordering my wife received her meal while I sat there with no dinner. I sat there a bit and just waited. Finally, I just asked if I was going to get my meal. The waiter then went back into the kitchen and brought out what I ordered. It was sweet and sour pork that was so burnt, I couldn’t even push a fork through the pork. My wife was finished with her meal by the time I received mine. I just got up and left. The buffet was closed, so I waited until 1030pm to get a hamburger outside at Bash. Every night we were there except the first night the buffet was closed. The rest of the week we either ate at Flame or Ramonza. The dinners were pretty good. We figured out that the nights the restaurants were extremely slow was the night Junior was not working and managing the process.

The Bars we ok. The staff was fine. The liquor choices were not. There was very little quality alcohol, even when you asked for something better, it just seemed like the quality was not the same.

The playmakers did the best they could. While we were there last week, I would say there was an average of 100 people at the resort.

Being topless at the pool was allowed. We decided to take a walk to the beach on the second day. We had not been down there yet. As soon as we got close to the beach my wife was told by staff members, she had to put a top on. She did and we walked out to the beach. The beach was ok, we have been to Punta Cana 4 times. Breathless and Excellence Resorts. The beach at Temptations is not as nice as the other resorts. It is better than Cancun’s beach at Temptations, but still not a great beach. There is also a public beach that is a couple hundred yards down the beach.

The Facilities, oh boy. The buildings look like they are 15 years old already. We were in a swim up pool room (waste of money) We moved rooms because ours was infested with ants. They were coming out of the walls. The sliding glass door to the outside patio with the swim up pool would not close or lock. There are no lounge chairs outside either to sit or lay on to enjoy the swim up pool, only two cheap plastic chairs and a table. The swim up also is only in front of your building and goes down to the end of your building. The 7 days we were there, we didn’t see a single person get into the swim up pool. Our new room was a little better. The rain shower had leaks that were dripping through the drywall.

We had a decent rainstorm Tuesday night into Wednesday. Walking around the resort Wednesday morning the building had leaks everywhere. Drywall was collapsing outside the buffet area where there is an outside sitting area for the buffet.

The pool, oh boy. There were tiles all over the pool that were coming up. Fiberglass mess sticking out between tiles. One fellow Cancun Temptations regular we spoke with cut her foot in the pool from the small tile pieces all over the pool bottom.

There is a lot more I could go on about. I guess the best way to sum it up is this. We were talking to the couple next to us. They are also Cancun regulars. This was Tuesday afternoon last week. They had been there since the Wednesday before. They asked us how long we are at the resort. We said until Saturday. They looked at us and said, “we are sorry you’re here that long”. Every couple we spoke with who was a Cancun regular told us they will not be back.

We tried to just go with the flow, relax and enjoy the break from life. But by Wednesday evening I was looking at flights to just go home early and take it as a loss. The plus side, I never get tired of seeing my wife topless in a thong. So the week wasn’t a total loss……..lol.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Анжела72

Анжела72 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0
    crazy, i had no problems going on the beach and in the sea topless which was a couple times daily. We would walk right past the security guard and lifeguard. When at Grand we even had a full volleyball game with 7 or 8 woman topless (at the net set up by Temptation)...police pickup even drove by a couple times while they were playing (I only watched), no one said a word and Playmakers (Grand) didn't stop anyone. Although at Grand it was once mentioned about being topless...we had the same results.
    Sorry this happened for your vacation. We agree with alot of your Temptation comments but I think we didn't have as many issues as you guys did :( We don't plan on going back either, but we will go back to Grand as we had an excellent 5 night stay. My husband will write a review as well with additional details.

3. sexyred

sexyred Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +400 / 0
    It was not a great experience and I could have written a lot more about issues, but I was tired of writing. lol. I'm glad you guys had a better time. We went, now we can say we were there. Back to Cancun, lol.

4. blevs

blevs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Thank you both for the reviews. We are set to visit MT in April, but thinking of trying to change it to Miches Grand. Did you find on the Grand side you could freely go to the Temptation side? From what I've read so far I'm kind of wishing it would be feasible to to change our plans and head to Desire, but also hoping things get better in DR.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice