A tanning question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by D&A-ND, Mar 22, 2007.

1. D&A-ND

D&A-ND Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My lovely soon to be bride would like to tan topless, but we are staying at the Moon Palace and have heard that she can't :( Is this true and were should we go so that she can ( she hates tanlines) :p

2. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Moon Palace is between Puerto Morelos and Cancun, not quite near Tulum. There are def. some resorts in the area that are "clothing-optional" or at least more relaxed on the topless issue on property. I wonder if this is available for Palace guests visiting Aventura Spa Palace?

4. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, the beach is a federal zone, don't think the hotel has a say about what you do there. They might like to think they do, but they don't.

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going to move this into the Cancun Info Forum.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm pretty sure that going topless and nude is illegal in Mexico...the most Catholic country in the world. Of course the soldiers patrolling the beach probably are perfectly happy to see topless women... Some resorts ask guests to cover up and others do not.

7. lanceroz

lanceroz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At the Riu-Cancun there were at least a dozen women topless all day long everyday. No one cares! They were out swimming topless, laying on the beach, and even walking up and down the beach.

8. ILikeCocktails

ILikeCocktails Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just returned from Le Meridien last night and didn't see any in front of our hotel. However, on Isla - pretty much everywhere and the same for Playa del Carmen

9. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have heard that they do prohibit topless tanning around the pool at the Moon but that they do not enforce it on the beach. If it's really a priority, there are hotels that are more open to the idea.

10. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a little surprised to see this question get so many different answers here in the knowledgeable part of town.

Nude (i.e. no bottoms) is as RG said - illegal in public - period.

No tops is OK on the beach because the beach belongs to the Federales and there's no Mexican federal laws against not having a top on (men or women).

And although Drew is right in saying that the hotels (not to metion the Chamber of Commerce) in Cancun don't particularly care for topless on the beach and would like to think that they have a say about it, they really don't. (Still doesn't mean you should p*ss off the people who are providing you information when you need it and shelter at night if you can help it.)

Isla is another story - it's an island after all, and PDC the same - the predominantly European-based culture there supports topless sunbathing (meaning you still oughtn't expect to see it in restaraunts, shops, and bars), but you'll see it all over the place by the pool, etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice