A Review of Negative Reviews!

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Zohan&Mama, Mar 15, 2012.

1. sharken

sharken Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    BRAVO!!!!!!! Well put and very well written. We are big fans of TTR and are spending 2 weeks there in May this year with about 50 of our closest friends that we met there last May. Repeaters are repeaters for a reason and the people that wa...nt to cry and complain about this resort, or any other one for that matter, are likely not going to be happy anywhere. We had read many reviews about TTR before we went and had a plan to start out slow and hang out by the quiet pool until we got a feel for the place.....than plan lasted 15 minutes before we were in the sexy pool having the time of our lives. We have met ALOT of great people there and we are happier without these unhappy people raining on our party.

2. intimate3some

intimate3some Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You do realize that companies pay people to write good and bad reviews for all products. Competitors are big culprits also.

3. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I wish you would just stop making fun of all my reviews on Trip Advisor. We are just trying to do our part to keep all the creepers going to the other 169 resorts in Cancun.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Temptation has no competitors.

Yes you can outsource reviews, but I do think most of the reviews at least for the big Cancun Hotels on Trip Advisor are genuine- there are some strange people about. Large hotels marketing budgets are way bigger than paying people $5 to write something good about them or bad about someone else. Also, unhappy people are 10 times more likely to report back on their experience than happy ones (made up stats).

Where you need to definitely not trust TA is their forum, especially restaurants and tours. The small time businesses. People play up each others services and when you know the people involved personally its so obvious its laughable, hard for the average TA user to spot though. Definitely not as bad as it was 5 years ago though.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    One more thing.

If you intend to write a trip report about Temptation (good or bad) then please post it here first, and then maybe post it to Trip Advisor a few days later.

If cancuncare is first to publish the report then the site gets credit as the authoritative source for that review about the hotel. I'm sure most would agree cancuncare is much more reliable about what to expect at Temptation than Trip Advisor is.

6. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    I agree with you completely...EXCEPT the music IS loud and repetetive ...and this could easily be improved

7. Mommabear

Mommabear I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Steve, I was not aware of the publishing on CCC first. I will make sure to do that in the future!

BTW... KUDOS for all you do with this site, bringing people together prior to trip and setting up the Boob's Cruises. I know how much of a logistical nightmare it can be at times and you do a spectacular job!

8. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    In a warped way, I'm a huge fan of the negative reviews because they do keep prudish, uptight people away. TTR is as fun as it is because we knowthe prissy, judgmental people will be staying somewhere else!

I agree with you that it's ridiculous for someone to potentially read 1000 reviews saying there's loud, repetitive music, average food, and topless women--then to come back and write as if they were SURPRISED when they got there!

9. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    How is it even possible that someone would think topless women are a bad thing? i can't even comprehend the small world they must live in.

10. bobby slack

bobby slack Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0
    best thing i've seen for awhile!!!! well done

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice