A POPULAR SCAM

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Nov 1, 2009.

1. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We saw him today, got his photot!!!

We were eating at EL poblano Tulum Ave, across from Chedraui and he didn't remember us, he approached us with the same line..."Do you speak English? thank god, I need help". Bundy remembered him from the first time he scammed us and called him on it. He made excuses, said his 'partner-in-crime' had died and blah blah. I asked him if his name was Mike and told him that there was a message board with a lot of gringos saying that they were tracking him and trying to find him to have him arrested. We told him we knew he was here illegally and he was wanted in the states. He then said he was born in Mexico and was deported from the states for manufacturing meth and can't go back for 4 more years. He also said if he was being watched he would have to leave...THANK GOODNESS!!!!

But, not before we got his mugshot.[​IMG]

Sorry it's fuzzy, zoom with camera phone...If his girl is still with him, their line is still the same...BEWARE!!!

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Fun,

And as you pointed out, if he was arrested for manufacturing crystal meth, he would be jailed rather than deported.

Probably deported the day his sentence was up but certainly not upon arrest.

Good job with your "sneaky cam."

I wonder when we will see him/them again. I also wonder if she really passed away and if so, under what circumstances.

We need a BOLO for them.

3. webero

webero Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good job!

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Great Job Trina and Bundy!

So is this the same guy that everyone associates with this scam?

5. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, that's him!

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good job Trina, yes, that's him. :)

7. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great job with the photo! :)

I have seen "Mike", mostly around Av Tulum and Parque Palapas, but this is NOT the guy that has approached me 4 times though :(

The one Im thinking about has a clean-shaved head, baggy pants, broad shoulders and skinny.

I saw "my guy" yesterday... He was outside SEARS at Plaza Las Americas.

8. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep that was the same guy that tried to scam us too.

I kinda thought he looked familiar but then had the wife cme and look and before she got close to the screen she said THATS HIM!

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is a cool thread, started no doubt by someone who reads too many crime novels. And then the "sneaky cam" foto taken by the best buddy who also reads too many crime novels, and who will be pleased to know is bringing a few more on Tuesday.

And this thread contains so many posts by many of my friends who I suspect could be Private Eye wannabees. Ja ja ja ja.

Now we have to find the story on Mike's wife. Let's tighten the web.

10. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So finally I had the "pleasure" running in to "Bonnie and Clyde" at Plaza Hong Kong yesterday...

I have seen them but they have never approached me, only the guy with the shaved head(5 times now !!)

The lady had a open scar on her left cheek, looking almost like a cigarette burn... Hot pants(which do NOT suit a "women" of her "caliber"!!!) with an over sized cotton shirt.

The guy was completely out of it... He looks like a regular druggie. Brr!

Well, her story this time was that she had just been released form jail, and to convince me, she even offered to "come on, Ill show you the register at the Police Station"...

I said that I knew all bout you guys and the people ar here in Cancun, looking for you.

Dead silent.... They looked at each other and then they were just playing stupid. "Really? Why? We havent done anything"

I told them that they should at least try different stories as it get a bit too obvious when repeating the same stuff, over and over again.

Then I said "Ain`t that right, Mike?" Silence again, then they just turned around and hurried away.

Im going to start bringing my camera when going to Wal Mart.

I want some really clear pictures and then I would like some help from you that are from the U.S. regarding who and how to contact the proper "agencies".

Pisses me off to see these idiots bother everyone.

Also, the way they interfered when I was clearly on the phone... :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice