A lot of bad press!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by cash0268, May 12, 2008.

1. cash0268

cash0268 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have been reading a lot of reviews about .
    1. Ocean sucks.
    2. Front desk people rude.
    3. standing in line to for a ticket to eat a nice dinner.
    4. Hard beds.
    5. Watered down drinks
    6. No door in the bathroom.
    7.Run from the " time share people".

Help?

Wayne

2. tandm

tandm Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I'd agree to all except the help. You get what you pay for.

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would agree with all but number 5, that is something you can easily control by simply asking for another shot in the drink....if in fact you think you've been shorted. I have never gotten a watered down drink there before..the booze is so rot gut that you can smell the booze a mile away!

As for the rest of the complaints, if those things are deal breakers, your proly not going to enjoy your stay. If those things are NOT high on your list of priorities, they won't ruin your trip.

I never found any of those things to be deal breakers and they certainly didn't matter in the big picture of what I actually got for my money as you really can't put a price on the staff and how they make you feel during your stay.

Michelle

4. Dawn a.k.a. Maria

Dawn a.k.a. Maria Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. Never went in,so no comment
    2.No problems here
    3.We went to the buffet the whole time
    4.I like hard beds
    5.we were drunk the whole time, so I didnt notice the "watered down drinks".....lol
    6.ours had a door(not a remodeled room at the time)
    7.never spoke to any timeshare people(told em no and walked away)

Hope this helps

5. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    1 Nice to look at, but not many waves. Great for the Hobie cats.
    2 Stay away from the guy with the huge mole on his lip, the others are very good
    3 The lines are minimal, and the specialty restaurants are very good. Longer lines when the resort is full, book with another couple if you want to eat together.
    4 They are solid, but we like hard beds
    5 Always rumored, but I never noticed. I weigh almost 250#, drink more at home than I should, and can't seem to stay sober at TTR
    6 Some rooms have unusual bathroom doors, most are normal
    7 The sales staff will ask for the opportunity to make a sales pitch to you, and pay you $100 to $150 for your time. A good way to learn about the resort for future repeaters. You can always say no, and you will not be obligated

6. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. Yep - we try to spend a day at Isla Mujeres to get our ocean fix (when at the resort we never want to leave the Sexy Pool)

2. We have always been treated fairly by them. Although I have seen people be rude to them and get rude right back.

3. The whole reservation thing can be a pain. We actually skipped specialty last trip because the people in front of us wanted to have a long "discussion" about how bad it sucks with the gentleman making the reservation and was wrecking my day LOL

4. Never had a problem with the beds...but I spend most of my summers sleeping on a little foam camper mattress.

5. Our drinks were never watered down. I actually had to ask for less alcohol in drinks a couple of times......they were making them so strong I felt like I was drinking shots instead of mixers. Ask for your drink strong if you feel they are weak.

6. Yeah the bathroom doors are odd. We always had a regular one in our room, but visiting our friends room I had to go down the hall to use the public bathroom if I wanted privacy.

7. I would not necessarily say run....walk quickly. It would not be so bad if they did not take up half your day. We wanted to hear about updates to program so we went in Feb, but told her at get go she had ONE HOUR and after that we walked. They are just trying to do a job. If you are not interested in a tour tell them No Thanks when they ask you and ignore the notes and such.

The resort is 3 star, so by no means are the rooms perfect and you will look at somethings and shake your head as to why they did that. I think most of the repeaters you talk to will tell you they go back because of the people they meet, the entertainment and just the environment. We take a lot in stride and enjoy ourselves each trip. LOL In Feb my husband did take electrical tape with him because one trip report stated that there were wires hanging in the shower, but we did not have that issue.

7. tandm

tandm Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The drinks weren't so much weak as just not real good. No drink menus or even suggestions like at other places we have been. Only found 1 bartender helpful, others just o.k.
    Our room was beat... musty and moldy, rusty old mini frig, wires exposed in a few spots incl. light in shower. Close to the quiet pool but also close to where workers start early in the A.M.
    Thanks to this board I knew to blow off the timeshare people but felt real bad seeing those who didn't.
    I could go on but again, you get what you pay for, we wouldn't rush back.

8. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. I think that complaint is about the colour of the water. Yeah it's not that great.. nor is the beach.. but no one goes to TR for the water or beach.. *L*

2. I've been there 3 times and not one person was rude. I'd expect that the people who complain about rudeness were rude to begin with.

3. The line ups weren't that bad when we were there. Only a few people in the morning. We only went to 1 each time we were there though.

4. Everyone else must sleep on feather beds or something because I didn't find it that hard... *L*

5. The drinks are definately not watered down. Cheap booze maybe but Nat had to ask me to get all of her drinks because the bartenders would make them really strong for the women... *L*...

6. There is a door for the bathroom.... *L*... it's the same door for the shower.... :).. you just can't use it for both at the same time.. *L*

7. I got approached the first time, said no, and they never bothered us again. We'd get notes under our door but that's it. Be polite and direct and say no thanks and you'll be fine.

9. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To the ORIGINAL poster.....

Just in case you read any of my previous posts about rude front desk staff....you will see from each and every one of those posts that I was NOT rude, nor am I a rude person by nature.

Naturally if I have a stick up my butt and I'm rude, I'd expect to be treated in kind. That has NEVER been the case tho.....

I've been going to this resort since waaayyy back when it was called Blue Bay Village....so I'm NOT talking about a 3 visit observance.....I'm talking about more than 15 visits over a period of more than 10 years.

Does this mean that you will experiance rude front desk staff on your visit, no....what it means is that I experianced it on many occasions and I wrote about it in explicit detail in many of my posts.

So it's possible that you could experiance some rudeness and if you do, it's likely to come from the front desk staff moreso than any of the other staff. That's where the highest turnover is and they get the least training aswell. It's only natural that they would have the lowest guest approval ratings.....

Having said that.....how much contact do you think you'll have with them? In some cases, it's nominal. In a few of my cases, it was quite a bit as I had local friends coming in for day passes and between Premeir and the front desk and security, the left hand never was on the same page as the right hand. That's just one example......I'd just rather not reproduce all of my problems when they have been posted already.

Michelle

10. cash0268

cash0268 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you all for the feed back, it was very nice to hear from you. We will be enjoying our vacation and am sure we will never leave the sexy pool. And I think sleeping and eating are over rated anyway!
    Wish June 16th was here! See you guys soon.....
    Wayne & Jen

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice