A little concerned going to GOV 3/6

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by scampty, Feb 27, 2014.

1. scampty

scampty Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Valentina, thank you for responding to our concerns. We will send you an email and will hopefully get a chance to meet you. Sorry to have brought up this subject but this is one that has turned us off along with many others due to this happening frequently at the Golden Parnassus.

Brandon and Tracy

2. urbancouple

urbancouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are thinking of going please give us a report when you can.

We are waiting to see if the GOV gets better as time goes on. We have enjoyed Temptations but the beach is not great. Thinking of either April or May.
    Michael and Judi

3. onebusyman

onebusyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 0
    Broken pipes are unpredictable and can happen at any time. It what you are doing to secure accommodations for everyone speaks volumes of the class act resort you are becoming.

4. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    When we were they we were told it was due to other g guests flights begin delayed and that they couldn't leave.We would have gone for one night but we were told there wouldn't even be rooms for any of our stay. We would have been more understanding with a pipe issue but if somebody flight is delayed 3 days...That just didn't sit well. We appreciate that a room was found. Please don't get me wrong, but it started our first impression with a bit of a negative vibe. We did have a lot of fun. I will try to get a full report up this weekend. Also, we know that lots of hotels bump people, kind of the nature of resorts with multiple options but when you research a type of a hotel and choose it based on how it differs, it is disappointing to be told you will be going somewhere else that doesn't have that atmosphere. Hope the pipe is fixed quickly so everyone who choose GOV gets to enjoy it!!

5. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    We have some non Cancuncare friends that just told us that GOV was so much nicer...cleaner..........than TTR......with a vibe more similar to Desire Pearl than TTR!

We're there in July!

6. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    You would think they would move the people with delayed flights who already stayed all there days to their sister hotels and let the new arrivals take those rooms

7. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    That was what I thought.

And we did have some people say that it was more like Desire during the daytime too. Have to admit I liked the music so you didn't have to yell at each other or the bartenders late in the afternoon.

8. krimmer2

krimmer2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Wow,what an excellent idea.that's perfect,! They couldn't possibly argue!!

9. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    My concern is the pattern. Ever since reports started appearing, it seems like more often than not, people's trips start with check-in issues: either the room they booked isn't available, or they are asked to go to another hotel.

I've been reading tripadvisor reports since about November, and it's the same thing there. Except, often, the poster wanted a different resort and got bumped to GOV.

This isn't a one-time deal--it's a long-standing issue with the entire chain. That's what concerns me. It makes me suspect the Oasis chain tries to balance out reservations for their resorts by shifting people around at whim.

10. esparamedic12

esparamedic12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Valentina!!! you are awesome... Thanks for providing us here at cancuncare and community, with all the information that you provide us.. and speaking for myself. I will be sending you an email before we get there in May!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice