A Few Questions

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Whimsy_1, May 5, 2010.

1. Whimsy_1

Whimsy_1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, I just found your forum and am glad to see a dedicated thread to the Golden Parnassus. I have been reading and it is a lot of help.

I just booked a last minute trip and am leaving on Saturday for 4 nights. Can someone please explain how I can use the internet at the GP or is there an internet cafe close by? I have a lap top but if they have computers available in the hotel I would just rather leave it home. Do they sell minutes by the package, etc. If I have to bring my laptop where do you all put yours when not in the room?

Thanks for any help.

2. hrdway8

hrdway8 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 1
    I'm sure many of the GP regulars can confirm, but what I've read on TripAdvisor is that there is no wireless (or at least a reliable signal), and the "business" center has computers that the 1980's want back. Based on what I've read, I wouldn't count on much internet access

3. Whimsy_1

Whimsy_1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the reply. Do you know if there is an internet cafe close by? Or is there one at the sister site, Great Parnsassus? I don't want to be on the internet all the time but do need to check a few things from day to day.

4. bretthexum

bretthexum Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +713 / 0
    I've heard of people using starbucks internet. It's a bit of a walk down the street but could take the bus.

5. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    both resorts have internet available. You pay a few dollars for 15-30 minutes of usage. Seems like I have heard that wireless is now available in the lobby area, but not for sure. You can use the internet daily though. I do it every time we go there. The cost is a bit high, but its not that bad.

Haha...just noticed you are gone and back today. Sorry this was late. Hope you had a great time. If you do come back here, leave a report on how things are going at the Golden.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice