A few more questions before we leave!!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by GusNSara, May 13, 2008.

1. GusNSara

GusNSara Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay a couple more questions!! Help a girl out

1. Does it ever get chilly? Should I bring any sort of long sleeves? Like a long sleeve Tshirt or something? Most people I see are wearing sleeveless...but Im a freeze baby. But dont wanna pack useless things :)

2. Can you make local calls from the hotel rooms? We have friend staying at another resort and are going to meet up. Wondering if we can call their hotel free of charge?

3. Anyone from the US use Tmobile and know what type of charges are incurred for cell phoen use?

4. Are you allowed to use floaties in the pool? My twin sister said to bring one because its great to lay on all day in the pool....but I didnt see anyone having anything like that in any pictures Ive seen. . .

xoxo!

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    yes, yes but expensive, ?, yes

3. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    I believe if you call T-moblie and let them know about your trip to Cancun. They can give you a 800# to call to link your calls to the states. I'm told if you call directly from Cancun to the states. It can get expensive. I'm going to T-moblie tonight. I'll find out more... :D

4. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    seen floaties before................ some use them............. me i can't be bothered.

5. W&K

W&K Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Yes... can get chilly if it rains....but most of the time very warm...wouldn't go overboard on warm clothing.......Yes you can make local calls but can be expensive.....as for tmobile...what we do is check with our service provider...they can tell you if there is coverage...whether of not your cell will work and the charges you will receive....sometimes a pre-purchased long distance card is a better option.....and floats are allowed in the pool

6. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Aren't FLOATIES for the kids arms so they don't go under...They may work have several Tequilias...LOL.... :dave: :beerdrink: :bounce:

7. GusNSara

GusNSara Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey now!! If I get too drunk the arm floaties might be a nice option for staying afloat in the pool :)

8. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah but just make sure that you fall backwards otherwise you will still float but with your face down. Not too good for breathing ... LOL. I just need a floatie that will hold my drinks ... LOL. Me I am not worried about.

9. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have T-Mobile.....the phone works in Cancun. BUT, you must call them ahead of time, and tell them that you want to activate service in Mexico. They simply flip a switch and your good to go.

They will tell you to power down before the plane takes off and then power up once you land in Mexico. Then you will see TelCel on your phone rather than the normal screen upon power up.

You can ask them what the current rate is per minute for basic service in Mexico. They also have a plan specific to Mexico with a cheaper min by min rate, but you pay a nominal monthly charge for the cheaper rate. It may or may not be worth it to add the Mexico plan to your current plan....jus depends on how often you go to Mexico. Keep in mind that if you add Mexico to your plan, you can cancel it once you return from Mexico if you like.

But the basic service to have a working phone in Mexico is free for the asking. The only decision is to add the plan or not to the basic service.

Michelle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice