A dissapointing trip *report*

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by TexasTrouble, Nov 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Iv'e been going since the Blue Bay Getaway days over 15 times. Went once three times in one year and every time is different. Iv'e been there during major construction, hurricanes, staff changes, buffet closed the whole trip during the swine flue scare, someone crapping in the pool, the games being fun and naked to the toned down borefest, huge sausage fest to nice balance, All the girls topless to none taking it off. But I have met many great people I get to see every year and that is about the only consistent thing. If you go there to party you will be fine.

2. codyvanhout

codyvanhout Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    my husband got stung by a bee a couple years back and was sick for the rest of the week...not sick enought to skip the party but he did have a bad headache the rest of the trip

3. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    They are honey bees just looking for something to eat. They won't attack but can be very bothersome to people who are afraid of bees. If you are not paying attention and rub against one you can get stung. You will see them floating in the pool as well. I try to rescue them since I was a beekeeper.

4. Jimxtc

Jimxtc Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Sparkyles, we are headin for our 3rd trip in March, we are going with BA this time but it is costing! We have been with both Thomson and Thomas Cook and wouldn't go with the latter again if it was free. If you upgrade to premier on Thomson it's pretty good. My wife was hassled by an idiot on our first trip and earlier this year there was a couple of UK 'stag parties' which put a damper on things (flown out by Thomas Cook) but hopefully security are on top of that now, if not it will be the last time we go. We have met some nice single people out there and some twats but I have to say they are worse en mass.

Food has been good both times we went so I hope they buck their ideas up soon as it's one of the many reasons we go.

Enjoy it anyway, I am sure you deserve it! Do Steve's Boob Cruise, you won't regret or forget that!

5. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

First off we met you and hung out with you 2 a couple of nights...

Secondly its not like this is our first trip or even close to our first trip there. We have been there through a lot of things just as handyman was stating but by far this was the worst trip we have had. If my report does affect someones decision to go that is fine with me, I mean in the end that's part of the point of people writing trip reports. Everyone does have their own experiences and the people we met and hung out with were all great but I still expect a certain level of service that I have grown custom to. There have been many trips where the food was so so but this trip it was horrid for the most part unless you got something off the live grill. The food temps on items on the buffet were barley warm which is not safe to begin with. And as far as the security situation is concerned we informed them several times about the issue and it took it blowing up for them to care.

To all my May friends I will see you there!

6. TexasTrouble

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The above was posted by the hubby, so I thought I'd pop in and say hello and add a few words.

The trip was a fantastic one! We met some of the best people - and I tell people when they ask me why we keep returning... it's certainly not the food, it's not the beach (although our beach is SO much nicer than prior years)... it's the people and the atmosphere!! So for those who are looking at going to TTR, please DO. There's no place like it.

I'm hoping when we return in May that the quality of food has improved. I bit into chicken bones in 3 different dishes, and then my husband was served raw chicken when they were grilling outside. With that being said, the steak at Margaritas was ahmaaaaazing.

I would like to see the service in the buffet improved a bit. Prior years when we would walk in, the waiters would ask us while we were still getting food, what we wanted and would have our drinks ready for us within 5 minutes of us sitting down to eat. This trip, I would be finishing my meal when someone would finally ask if I needed anything. That's fine, saved us tipping money... it just wasn't what we had grown accustomed to.

Again - those who are looking to visit, definitely do. We know that May is going to be absolutely insane and the best trip ever - can't wait to see all of the repeaters in May. I may even participate this next trip! (For those of you who have met me know that while I love to dance and will dance all day and night... but I hate being front and center. But I'm trying to get over this weird stage freight I've been carrying since dropping the F-bomb in the 9th grade Xmas choir show.)

PS - I promise to update our profile pic, since no ours is so old (from our 2nd trip to Cancun, I think). Nobody recognizes us with my wild blonde hair.

7. goldwinglion

goldwinglion Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    After talking with many repeat patrons, and based on our experiences with the creep that M-n-K delt with, and during lingerie night it seems that things have changed a little with the security.
    Yes we are sending mixed messages when we participate in events like lingerie, uniform, school girl, white nights etc etc. We are there to have fun and to be treated properly not to be pawd at.
    I will say this though, If you are a single guy coming to this resort BE RESPECTFULL AND ACT ACCORDINGLY. It only takes a few of you to spoil it for all the others before you are not allowed to book this resort, go on boobs cruises, go to lingerie night etc.
    Maybe management needs to make a few changes for lingerie night for starters so the single guys will start getting the message.
    M-n-K hope all is well and it was great meeting you xxoo

8. TexasTrouble

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sparkyles - You shouldn't let our trip report put you off. There's a reason why this was our 8th trip, and why we chose to go there with our little sister for her 21st birthday. Also, regarding the security issue... I've never once had an issue with security or unwanted advances. This guy in particular was telling people different stories (he had at least 4 different names and lives in NY and/or El Salvador), so some people thought he was slow, some thought he was deaf (neither of which was true) - so I think security didn't see this guy as much as a threat as he was. Plus they didn't see the low ass grabs. I'm just happy when they saw my blonde hair flying through the air, yelling at the guy I was about to f*** him up, and took him back to his room at that moment.

9. sparkyles

sparkyles Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mnk thanks for your words of wisdom we are trying to have an open mind and we do appreciate that the food is not going to be gourmet standard we take 4 or 5 vacations a year about 125 in our married life so it is reasonable to say we are experienced travellers when we get back on the 11th of december i will make a true and honest report be it good or bad once again thanks for your sensible message lets hope things go well as TTR is some thing we have thought about for some time and hope to come again next year but of course that depends on if we have any major issues

10. sparkyles

sparkyles Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi jimxtx yes you are right about the premier seating we have pre booked it as the first time we went to mexico we went standard class the 2cnd was premier and the differance was immense at £280 each it is expensive but money well spent in our oppinion.As to the Boobs Cruise im afraid we wont be going on it as we both suffer from sea sicness despite trying all the so called remedies we are going with an open mind for the hotel and ammenities and as i said in a previous reply i will give a true and frank report about it all on my return be it good or bad

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice