a couple of beach questions

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by dayzfan4life, Aug 7, 2008.

1. dayzfan4life

dayzfan4life Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! I will be visiting Cancun for the first time soon and have a few questions. Since I have heard that the beach at Temptaions is not that great, can you suggest a good beach nearby that we can visit. Would it be best to visit the island and go tp the beach there? Also, are there other hotels nearby with better beaches that might not mind drifters?!?!?

OMG I AM GETTING SO EXCITED!!!!!! :lol:

2. tigers79monkey

tigers79monkey Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very good question, This will be my first trip also
    But maybe some of the repeaters can give us a
    good answer, I already know the sexy pool is the
    place to be, but where are the beautiful beaches,
    The one there at TTR is probley just fine with me
    But if there is some must see beaches," please share !!

3. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The beach at Temptations is not the best, but still a beach on the ocean. The first time we went we took the booze cruise to Isla and the beaches over there were much nicer.

4. 1smokey

1smokey Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    The Beach at Temptations is “OK”. The sand is not the deep/thick sand you might be looking for but it is fine for sitting in a lounger and playing Volley Ball. All beaches are open and not owned by a resort. Public land access to them with out trespassing is a different thing. Before the last two hurricanes we “walked” most of the beaches in the resort areas. The hurricanes I am told destroyed many beach areas. At that time we found the best beaches to be on the east side of the 7< . Temptations Resort is located on the top of the 7. You can only walk a limited distance from the resort before you either need to turn back or go through the water.

For a map of the Cancun area (and beaches) check out this web page http://www.mapchick.com/ I have purchased maps from her for years and they are very detailed.

Also take a day trip to Isla Mujeres as the area is nice and the “North Beach” is great. Ferry costs range from $8.00 to $15.00 round trip depending on ferry used. When we go in September the beach is almost empty. However we have been there in March and it was PACKED! If you go, stop at “Chi Chi & Charlies for a drink (2 for 5 dollars).

Cal

5. dayzfan4life

dayzfan4life Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the info! I have checked out mapchicks site and will use her advise as well as taking the ferry over to the North Beach on the island! i am all for hanging out at the pool and all, but I need at least 1 full day of beach life too on vacation to feel like i got the whole picture lol!!! :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice