A couple Isla Mujeres questions

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by amers, Mar 3, 2007.

1. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! I think I have asked this before, but can't find where I would have. :) My husband and I are thinking of doing a quick trip in June, spend two nights on Isla and 2 in Cancun, and had a question about snorkeling on Isla Mujeres. When we were there last month, we did some snorkeling that was off of a boat, are there areas where you can snorkel and not have to be on a boat? I know people talk about the North Beach, and we want to be near there, but I was wondering if you can snorkel off of that?

My other question is coming back from Isla to Cancun, we will have luggage, can you bring it on the bus or should we find a cab? We always take the bus when in Cancun, but never before with luggage. If we take a cab to the Presidente (we may have free nights there) about how much would a cab be?

Thanks in advance for the help. I really can't believe we are talking about going back this soon, but hubby is putting in a lot of extra hours for the next 2 and half months and thought this would be a nice treat for him. (and myself too) :)

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yay, another trip!

For snorkelling on Isla without a boat trip, head to Castillo de Garrafon. It's a beach club next to the Garrafon park. You can snorkel there for about $4 USD.

You could take the luggage on the bus, but it would be easier by taxi. You'll have to negotiate a price, it should be anywhere from 120 to 200 pesos (cross the street out of the ferry docks, otherwise you are at a taxi sitio and will pay more).

3. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the info Cancun Canuck, I figured you would be the one with the info on Isla. (it was your post before that I printed off so we would know what to do there) Sounds like we may do this after all, now I just have to figure the place to stay on Isla.

Thanks!

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What kind of place are you looking for? We really enjoyed a weekend at Maria del Mar, primo location on Playa Norte, clean and cozy with a nice little pool and garden area. I think we paid about 1100 pesos a night. If you don't need to stay on the beach, there are a few great places in town for much cheaper. You could also go super high end and stay at Casa de los Suenos or Casa Rolandi on the west side of the island. Out of my budget, but wow! The only all inclusive on the island is the Avalon Reef Club if that's your thing.

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOVE the new avatar, Kelly!!!!

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! Wait til you see all my pics from today! Coming soon to a thread near you..... :D

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't wait!!!

8. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just last month Dan simply walked into the water from the north shore to snorkel. No more than 100 yards out he saw lots of schools of fish and several baracudas swim by.

We plant ourselves for the day by Playa Sol club (north beach area). There are two piers nearby where several fishermen stop, so there are lots of seagulls and pelicans as well to watch. At Playa Sol, as long as you are buying drink and/or food, you can stay all day and use their umbrellas, chairs, loungers, hammocks, bathrooms, etc. no charge.

9. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, I just printed this off so I'll know where to go when we get there in June!!

This forum is so helpful for all of this type of stuff, I really do appreciate it.

10. jakif

jakif Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone suggest somewhere for lunch on Isla for lunch and drinks that is pretty reasonable for four thirty-something people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice