A bit worried...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by DanceRat, Mar 25, 2008.

1. DanceRat

DanceRat Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear forum members:

My 20 year old daughter and her best friend are down in Cancun until the 31st. I am reading all of these stories (not all on this board) where kids are falling down, breaking their legs and noses, or dying. I realize that things can happen anywhere, it's just that it seems so crazy down there. And also, I worry about rufies and her getting taken advantage of... is it safe and can any parents or members kind of reassure me? And I grew up in the late 70's, 80's, I'm not a prude, but when we partied back in the day, we watched out for each other, particularly guys would watch out for females if we were on party type school trips and such - and I read somewhere where someone hit some girl with a needle on a dance floor and she hallucinated, and another girl got decapitated waiting for a bus, and I'm thinking my god, where did I send my little bunny to? It's just that it's so far away and apparently in the middle of some drug cartel war? Am I just being paranoid? Are the kids taking care of each other down there or are they are just partying so hard they aren't paying attention to each other if they seem really sick or are passing out? I'd feel better if I thought that the kids are watching out for each other.

Also, a big thanks to all who answered back about the hotel charges, although she did tell us today to please not call her while she was on vacation. I guess we are a little overprotective.

Thanks again.

2. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't personally speak for Spring Break since we haven't been to Cancun during this time, but I can tell you that times that we have gone (May/June) my wife has flown down alone and met up with a friend of ours who lives in another state. My son and I would then fly down a few days later. So I suppose if your daughter is somewhat mature (which I am assuming she is, being 20 years old), then she will be fine.

I understand your anxiety but rest assure, Cancun is probably safer than most American cities. There has been plenty of bad press out lately about our domestic American Spring Break locales as well. Particularly Panama City.

I agree with you about looking out for one another. They should do that no matter where they are. At home or abroad.

3. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bad things do happen during spring break, but most kids come home safe and sound, maybe a little tired and sunburned.

I'm sure you've taught your daughter how to look after herself, and if she uses her head, she'll be fine.

4. screech

screech Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    she will be ok

she will be ok all the lad's what will be trying to get in to her pants will keep for save

5. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just returned from Cancun on Thursday. Yes, there were a lot of stumbling drunk kids making noise and screaming all night long swimming in the ocean at 3 a.m in the moonlight. Yes, there were males and females throwing up all over the pool deck and onto the sand. Yes, there was someone passed out ALONE on the beach at 6 a.m. instead of in his hotel room. Yes, there was a young lady, fully clothed, who stumbled into the ocean smashed out of her mind and got injured when a wave threw her onto the rocks. But, you know what? They all went home safely, if not hungover and with a few stitches. If your daughter is going to walk around Cancun stumbling drunk and trashed, there is a POSSIBILITY something bad could happen, but if she drinks somewhat responsibly and stays with her group of friends, she will have the time of her life and come home safely to you with some wonderful memories of beautiful Cancun!! Don't worry about her unless you feel she might be one of the above....then worry, but just a little...

6. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Spot on!
    I could not have said it better...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice