$99 one way to Cancun!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by NormsKid, Feb 6, 2007.

1. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, when they post the $99 fares, you really gotta get there the first day or you miss out. I couldn't find the fare online at first and then called to get an agent to tell me what was the first date I could get the $99 fare. That's the only way I got it.

The agent kept putting in dates and finally found a date that had the fare. The funny thing is that after I received the email alert about the $99 fare, about 6 hours later I got another email alert saying the fare was $136 one way.......so you really gotta jump on it as soon as it's advirtised or you'll clearly miss out.

Michelle

2. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I was in Florida this past weekend, so didnt check my email, had the notice there, but by the time I got there all sold out....
    it is a while until we are going so maybe will run another special, although Spirt airlines is showing 119 one way, with a stop over in Ft Lauderdale...still not a bad deal..

THINK WARM!!!!!! Freezing in Chicago.........

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I flew Spirit Airlines on my last trip and had such a horrible experiance, they couldn't give me a free ticket to Cancun. They kept delaying my flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Chicago by 1 hour, every hour, and wouldn't tell me why......just one hour delay followed by another hour delay, followed by another hour delay.

I missed my flight to Vegas for a seminar that I had already paid for. By the time they said what the problem was, all the flights to get me to Vegas had already left for Vegas from Chicago as well as Ft. Lauderdale.

Had they said why the flight was delayed up front, I could have booked another flight to go straight to Vegas from Ft. Lauderdale and attended the seminar. Their lack of dissemination of information cost me money and I'll never fly with them again.

Several other couples trying to get to upstate NY could have made alternate arraingements if we had just been told up front what the problem was & they got screwed as well. One guy had 5 small kids in tow and rented a car to get to DC to catch a flight home cause they pussy footed around with the info and kept telling us "just one more hour" over and over again. By the time they said what the problem was, all flights leaving Ft. Lauderdale were gone!

Michelle

4. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now that really sucks!!! kinda scares me to even try it...although I have time till we go, I just like to have everything in order and not have to worry about it. (I know anal of me, but have to do it)
    I flew Spirt this weekend, we were a little late leaving Chicago, but all else went well, was a little apprehensive when I booked it, being that it was Super Bowl weekend, but seems to have gone ok...

USA3000 wont even let me book ANY trip on their site, says they are all sold out?? even in September?? maybe I should just give one of the reps a call and find out about it...

thanks for all your info.......and help
    freezing my arse off in Illinois!!!!

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found the website to be terribly difficult to navigate to get the good fares each time that I've tried......that's why this time I called to get a rep to tell me what dates were available. I was putting in everything under the sun coming up with nothing. It was just a huge waste of time. But once the rep gave me the dates that she saw as being available, it was easy and worked to book the trip.

The rep didn't hound me to book through her either, she suggested that I pull up the site while she was on the phone and book it while she waited on the other end of the line to make sure it went through. Clearly they don't work on a commission basis.

Michelle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice