7th Time Trip Report - Mixed Feelings

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by CaptMorgan, Feb 27, 2018.

1. JnJPartyStyle

JnJPartyStyle Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +405 / 0
    That is great to hear! We did drm last year and thought the amenities were on par with TTR 1.0.

Glad that hear 2.0 is an upgrade!

2. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    I wouldn't have minded if it was this simple of a fix. What was broken was the male end of the clasp, they are plastic and break off and it's no longer possible to latch the door when this happens. Unless you can find the male end and pop it back in, but when they snapped I couldn't find the missing piece.

And when faced with the choice of not sleeping due to bright light shining in my face because the clasp broke, or, ripping out the offending light, I will choose the latter everytime, but only because I called for maintenance to fix it TWICE and they never showed. It's our vacation and I'm not dealing with that crap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. AndrewnAshley

AndrewnAshley Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 1
    For us TTR was never about the amenities it was always about the people and the party. The people thankfully from our last trip, appear to have remained the same. Of course that was October, right before the grand opening--so maybe like this report, some people have since gone back and all may not return. However, the place has a lot of problems and many come down to simply ill thought out design choices. In their pursuit of being modern, sleek and sexy; they grossly overlooked downright foolish design choices: bar stools, the large steps into pool, stage with no rails, no roof over bash, automatic lights in closest that don't close or open if a gentle breeze passes them just to name a few. Its not enough to keep us away, but if it does start to drive the people away--we may be forced to find a new spot.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  4. soldier4402

soldier4402 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    We haven’t been there in 4-5 years but are thinking about going in the next year but have mixed feelings. We really loved the atmosphere at TTR but in reality the place was a dump and. The amenities including the food were for the most part sub standard. But from the looks of it there has been some improvement with the remodel. It’s just when you drop a couple grand, time off work, sitters for kids etc. really makes you think about choosing your trip wisely

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    only if they could figure out a way to sell memberships to use the screwdriver

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    First, I really enjoyed the trip report, as it matches Stacia & I's feelings almost point for point. We've been to Temptation 21 times total now, 18 to old-TTR and 3 times to reno-TTR if you count the visit we dropped in for on soft-Opening Day in August, which I personally do as it was truly an "Event."

I wanted to draw out the above part of the TR so that I could heartily "Hear Hear!" that portion, as we did dearly love TTR, and now the reno-TTR is what it is, and I'll write my own full TR about our March 1-5 trip later this week when I've a moment, but the DRM comparison is quite apt, and talking with people this trip about how we like DRM was... interesting. Some of the people looked at us as if we'd three heads, looked us up and down, and made weird faces.

Q: Aren't you guys pretty young to start going there?
    Q: Why would you go there? The party is here, isn't it?
    Q: Aren't all the people anked there?
    Q: (my personal favorite) I don't want people to be having sex right in front of me all day long, do you?

Obviously, these folks have never set foot on a Desire property, and even when we'd talk to them from personal experience, they stayed stuck to their preconceived notions read from a trip advisor report, or from something heard second or even third-ahnd rather han by giving it a 3-day trial, like we did, and finding out for themselves.

People are interesting.

Once again, great trip report!.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Thanks John. Good to hear I'm not alone in my thoughts.

We convinced good friends of ours, who we met at TTR in 2015 and who bought premier at TTR, to try DRM when TTR was closed last year. They loved it and split the trip with us again this year, and we all agreed on the same thing. BTW, they are in their 30's, and are some of my favorite party people. We are young 40's as are most of our friends that we dragged over to DRM. Everybody had a great time! I can't reiterate enough, we all enjoyed our time at TTR... some of the responses to this thread gave me the impression people thought we are too hard to please or have unrealistic expectations, which is far from the case. Anyone who has partied with us can attest to that.

8. Ryan & Allison

Ryan & Allison Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 0
    “I personally don't feel like hanging at the bar with naked dudes a bulk of my vacation. (I have no problem getting naked, and done so on plenty of BCs, but I don't think I could do it all day.”

ScubaSteve,
    I just spit my coffee out at this. Thanks for the laugh!

9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Anytime! Comic relief is what I am here for :)

10. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    TTR is great and all but it is not on par wth DRM!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice