2nd Timers Trip Report 5/29 - 6/12

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Trav1, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Trav1

Trav1 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    So we haven’t been home a week and i feel the 'post Temptation blues' have already set in well and truly...Thought I’d write a trip report on our second trip for you all so here goes:

Check-In

This time we took 3 friends with us, on the Temptation Website, you can do the 'Priority Check-In' so when sat in the Hotel in Gatwick, that's what we did and obviously, as a group of 5 with 3 rooms booked, we wanted them in close proximity and i had also emailed the hotel weeks and weeks prior asking for rooms in the 5000 block and nearer the ground floor due to my back condition. Arrived at the check-in desk 30 mins later than scheduled, i found the check-in staff to be friendlier this time than they were last year and check in went quite smoothly, only negative at this stage..our 3 friends were in the 1000 block...we were in the 4000 top floor, up 6 flights of stairs... we asked to move and in all fairness Jeanette on Guest Services offered me a choice of 2 rooms in the 5000 block the following day so this was resolved with ease.

Room

When we settled into 5113 we felt alot more at home..a stones throw away from the craziness but also quiet enough to get a good nights sleep. We were ecstatic at the fact we had a huge double shower again too... ;) The rooms were thoroughly cleaned daily but I didn’t think Lucy was as good as Martha as we didn’t seem to have many pretty towel animals…may seem trivial to some, but we enjoyed going back to the room and seeing what had been made last year where as this year we rarely had anything. Air con seemed to cause trouble for myself and my 2 friends though, we all came away with a terrible chest cough/virus. It hit my 2 friends a lot sooner than it did me. A lot of people seemed to say the same thing too. TV was a little temperamental, the channels would often cut off due to lack of signal. Overall happy with the rooms though.

Food

Ok, this was my biggest gripe. Food quality was seriously lacking this year, something seems to have changed. The buffet was ok to fill you’re stomach if you wanted a laid back meal in you’re shorts and vests etc but there didn’t seem to be as much selection this year and a lot of the same dishes served too often for my liking. I’d give the buffet a 6/10. Margarita’s has a much better day menu than a night menu which doesn’t make sense and we were really looking forward to the ‘Rib Eye Rool’ and had told our friends how good it was last year…when it came to the table it was luke warm, tough, thin and so fatty. We ended up cutting so much fat off that we barely ate 3 mouth full’s of lean steak. I really think they should swap the lunchtime menu with the evening menu! Just my opinion… 7/10. The Italian was amazing as ever…the lasagne is to die for and the sexy coffee is such a spectacle! 10/10. The Asian was great too, but they could do with a more extensive menu. Also, one evening we were shocked to see a group of lads in shorts, baseball caps and flip flops leaving one evening where as a few nights prior, my male friend was asked to put a Shirt on instead of a vest as they had a ‘dress code’...I appreciate that but picking and choosing who you do and don’t let in annoyed me some what! The food tasted great though and service was excellent! 9/10. Last year we were so ill with the tummy bug that was going around that we never made it out late enough for a 2am Paty’O burger…this time we did and man, they were good! Yummy!

Staff

We were actually asked this year, twice about the timeshare pitch but managed to wangle our way out of it by saying how expensive it is to come from the UK etc and in all fairness they didn’t hound us. All the staff were exceptionally polite, friendly and always willing to help. It felt SO good, getting out of the Limo and being told ‘Welcome Home!’ from Charley and Alfredo, the bellboys who recognised us from last year! One of the main reasons we LOVE TTR. Tiger, Fransisco, Sarahi, Neri, Lordes, Louis, Juan, Raul, Mariana and so many other member of staff made us feel so welcome and helped the drinks flow! Special mention to Jeanette on Guest Services for not only arranging the Romantic Dinner on the Beach for us and also sorting our rooms out and keeping us up to date with the weather.

The People

Again, we made new friends who we’ve spoken to since returning home and who we know we will be life long friends with. 90% of the people at TTR are so friendly and will sit in the pool for hours chatting and creating fun. We met so many new people this year who kept coming up to us and asking ‘Are you Trav1?’ because I had my tattoos on display and my Superman Snapback on, it was great and so easy for people to recognise us! I’m terrible with names but you guys who took the time to say hello, sit and drink with us or just chilled with us, thank you for being such incredible human beings! Sexy cats… I’m sad we didn’t get any good music in Paty O’s that night to groove to! ;) Bigjoep, it was awesome to see you and Lori again! And thanks for the conversations in the pool! I must say one thing though… this year, some of the clientele TTR seemed to have wasn’t our cup of tea so to speak…large groups of single women and single guys who were loud, impolite, assholes…you need not return next year! Just sayin’! We didn’t experience such idiots in 2013, it was a shame that on occasions, we encountered them this year. Security seems to have slipped where people like that are concerned at the resort which is a real shame too! Overall though, everyone was awesome!

Will we return next year…for sure! Morgan and I are already planning coming back in June 2015 which will give us more time to catch up with those who couldn’t make it this year, meet the people we met during both our trips again, and as always, meet more people to add to our TTR family!

Over and Out!

2. ScottnLaura

ScottnLaura Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    Great TR! We were one couple that came up to you and said "Are you Trav1?". It was great meeting you!

3. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    great trip report, I see that the nasty chest cold is still going around since late April, I Got the cold the last 4 days of 12, and lasted 2 weeks. At least it was bearable didnt slow down the drinking, worst during the night. I too look forward to them animal towels, they are so interesting in how they make them.

4. sillyleo

sillyleo I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    You mean May ;)

5. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6
    Yay! Happy you guys had a great time!!

6. Trav1

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    haha... is that a request? Think u should join the june junkie madness! :D

7. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Split the difference and make it around the 3rd week of May :)

8. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    You mention the clientelle.
    We agree.
    Never seen such an inordinate amount of low class losers at Temptation in previous 18 trips.
    Dr. Evil had to be the most disturbed human we have ever witnessed.
    His BS made some of the other losers seem tolerable. But in reality there were too many concentrated in one week's vacation.

9. Trav1

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Yea that's what we did this year but missed alot of our June Junkies friends...Seriously...June Junkies is where the party is at! :ladiesman1: Depends if sillyleo begs?! haha!!

10. BIG JOEP

BIG JOEP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hey quit trying to steal my quiet pool buddy!!!! Was great talking with you guys. I think we will be later next year so we will have to chat before booking. Never thought I would ever enjoy that pool but the temp was a good 10 degrees cooler!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice