22 Immigration Agents Detained in Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Mar 9, 2007.

1. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I'm sure that some of them "check the papers more closely" in order to check out the lady for a little longer. :D After all they are men and that's what men do. :wink: Of course they tell their wives that it's all in the name of good security. :cool:

Jamie

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, if the agents don't catch someone with bad papers they can get in huge trouble. Sometimes they are tested, so someone is deliberately sent to them with bad papers to see if they detect a fake or doctored document.

They are supposed to check everyone closely. But good looking women definitely get more attention and have more problems with immigration. Women should dress down when going through Immigration.

The story made the front page of all the local papers. And people have been calling me all day to ask if my husband is ok.

4. java

java Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very glad your husband is okay :D Be interesting to hear some feedback on recent visitors.I personally arrived at 3 am not too long ago and thought we'd be safe of any big line-ups.Well low and behold,4 planes landed at the sametime.Lots of stress is put on everyone,including customs staff.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    INM brought some agents from other parts of Mexico to take up the slack. And I heard that they released some of the agents they had detained, so those guys should be back at work tomorrow. I think things are getting back to normal there now.

6. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Funny in 20 years I have never given thought to how I dress when going to or through Imigration.
    I have never had cause to worry because I have always had my papers in order. Now after being here this long a lot of times the agents recognize me but they have never given me favorable treatment other than allowing me to go thrue the local line aned not wait in line with hundreds of Tourists.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice