21 restriction. Anybody connected with temptation staff?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by kapystin, Sep 12, 2008.

1. kapystin

kapystin Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First of all hello to everyone.

I have never been to Mexico, but really want to go. I am gathering a group of my fiends (about 10) to go on dec 20-27/08.. Some of the girls in my group are 20 and 19 but the rest are over 21.

My travel agent can get me a really good deal for Temptations, which comes out to 1300 a person from Chicago, and I don't really want to go to a dump like Oasis Cancun or Pink Flamingo, which will come out to be even more expensive.

I was wandering if anybody tried giving a gratuity fee in a form of Mr Ulysses S. Grant before for the hotel personnel to be little bit more leaniant on their age restrictions :)... Or if anybody has gotten real friendly with Hosts at Temptations and have their contact...

I would appreciate any input from you guys.
    Thanks and have a fantastic Weekend ITS FRIDAY!!!! :D

2. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wouldn't attempt it if I was you. What happens if you get there and they won't except it and won't allow the 19 & 20 years olds to stay. What would you do then. You'd be out the money and have to pay out the a?? to get somewhere else to stay at the last minute. What you could do is stay at Blue bay club (the sister resort) and once there see if you could transfer. Not sure if that would work or not, but I definitely wouldn't go hoping to slide by. Temptations has been doing alot of improvments over the last year and alot of changes are going on now, so I'd have to say that they will be checking ages.

3. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Although I have never seen them check ID or had my ID checked, It seems like it would be an expensive risky prospect to do this.

4. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Risk vs Reward I don't think is quite worth it. Like Bev said above...What do you do if you get there and they say no. Chances are they'd send you to the BBC and your not going to be happy about that.

Anyone got a fake ID or an older sisters/friend ID they can use to give the hotel staff if asked at check in? Chances are they won't ask. But its best to be covered just in case. There not going to look to closely or care to much. So don't worry about it being perfect. To be honest in a group that big and if you don't look like your 15 chances are you in with no issues. But that is your risk to take.

Travel agents aren't suppose send anyone under 21 there. Does the travel agent know people under 21 are going?? Travel agent will be harder to get around then resort in most cases. Becuase they need to take you info. to put into the system and usually ask for an ID. That needs to match you real ID. So you can't screw around with that part or you may never get to board the plane.

Nick and Renee

P.S.: Almost everytime I've been there I've met a few people under 21.

5. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Don't think that gamble would be too smart!!! You could find yourself on a Mexican street with no place to stay

6. kapystin

kapystin Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the replies you guys. It does seem like a risk...
    Maybe someone who is going to temptations soon could find out what would happened if they find out about underaged and let me know? I am going at the end of December after all. Otherwise I will most likely not risk it.

Thanks again!!

7. candigirlfreak

candigirlfreak Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i know a couple that brings there teenage sons there

8. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    When we were there in April, I met a 20 year old from the UK. I'm guessing that she came w/ her parents from the Blue Bay although she was w/ another guy & gal out by the sexy pool around 10 PM.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice