2020 Prices Going Up

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bart/Annette, Jun 22, 2019.

1. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,831 / 3
    [QUOTE="TTR's success and very high occupancy rate in prior years was a result of a crazy high repeater rate. That has dropped significantly and was a part of strategy, at least that is what we were told by Premiere sales. It appears they will ride this horse until it dies. Rates should be a function of supply and demand and rate is the big valve that drives occupancy. Sam[/QUOTE]

They've painted themselves into a bit of a corner. The new strategy to thin out the "crazy high repeat crowd" has definitely put some off, (without much influx of the new, trendy crowd as evident by lower overall occupancy) as has trying to bump up the rates significantly, but they just don't have the facilities to support it. As some have mentioned, there are nicer places 3 miles away that offer more (better rooms, food, beach) for less. Premiers problem is they're as far from the traditional hotel zone as you can get and not on the premium Cancun beach, with a pool that is too deep for Nanna or the kiddos and family crowd should they ever (unwisely) decide that is a better direction, and there is a naked lady on the bottom of it. It's the only resort it can be right now for. Supply and demand will help moderate rates. It's looking like the demand isn't there at the moment.

2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Right-O. I messed up math. It happens to lawyers. My A.I. rate is $149/night at current. Yes, that's each, in case I wanted to sneak our favorite midget in with us, it'd be an extra $149.

It's Comedian Brad Williams by the way, and he expressly authorized me to use the word midget, so there.

I remembered the bottom number better as I remarked to Stacia our first trip returning to TTR after we got the membership that it was costing us (ignoring the member payment) less than a hundred bucks a night.

3. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    They've painted themselves into a bit of a corner. The new strategy to thin out the "crazy high repeat crowd" has definitely put some off, (without much influx of the new, trendy crowd as evident by lower overall occupancy) as has trying to bump up the rates significantly, but they just don't have the facilities to support it. As some have mentioned, there are nicer places 3 miles away that offer more (better rooms, food, beach) for less. Premiers problem is they're as far from the traditional hotel zone as you can get and not on the premium Cancun beach, with a pool that is too deep for Nanna or the kiddos and family crowd should they ever (unwisely) decide that is a better direction, and there is a naked lady on the bottom of it. It's the only resort it can be right now for. Supply and demand will help moderate rates. It's looking like the demand isn't there at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Very good point, first TTR we went to in 2010 was in Cabo. Loved it. Then went to TTR Cancun, was somewhat letdown, but still loved it. Different clientele, and that roof top pool with all the seating that was open til 3am was amazing. But it didn’t work and switched to a Desire that closed. We are beach people and that is the worst part of TTR. But we are old members who they def do not treat the same as prior to the Reno. No big deal to us, we have found new places. Think that is what a lot have done. I know on here it seems as if everyone is happy with the direction, but obviously that is not the case.

Just because we feel this way doesnt mean we don’t love the forum. And as Steve can tell, we still use his link to do any transfers and I encourage others to do same even if goin to another resort!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice